Multiple drop-down arrows in one block

drafting3

Hi Guys,

I've seen that its possible to have multiple drop-down arrows (lookup/visibility states) within 1 block. How do I do that? I am redoing my title block & would find this extremely handy for all the different options I want to select.

Please let me know if you don't understand what I mean.

Hi Guys,

I've seen that its possible to have multiple drop-down arrows (lookup/visibility states) within 1 block. How do I do that? I am redoing my title block & would find this extremely handy for all the different options I want to select.

Please let me know if you don't understand what I mean.

I'd like to know that as well... Are you sure it was one block?

For each Lookup you need to create a linear parameter with a length of 1 unit (1 unit just

makes the "menu" easier), and a lookup parameter, it is probbably a good idea to give

them meaningfull names. Next add a lookup action, this will prompt you to pick a

parameter (so pick the lookup parameter), a lookuptable should open automatically, click

on the Add Properties button at the top and select the Linear parameter, you should now

have a table with two columns Input Properties and Lookup Properties.

Select the first empty cell in the Input Properties and enter the value 1, then fill in that

list with as many numbers as you need to have choices in your drop down list, it's easiest

to use the down arrow on your keyboard to move down each time, then go across to the

Lookup Properties column and fill in your multiple choices, (TIP- you can't have spaces in the text), if you do this correctly you should get the text "Allow reverse lookup" appear at the bottom of the list. Click ok to close the table.

Now create an attribute and have it's properties set to preset and lock position, in the value box enter a field, select "Objects" or "All" from the field category, then choose "BlockPlaceholder" as the "Field names", and pick your lookup from the list "Block reference property:". Thats it - close the block editor, you then insert the block and make your choices, you need to do a regen to get any changes to show up.

MultipleChoice2.dwg