Interactive 3d design, Animations

NoroZorro

This subject is new to me and I've tried to google.Unfortunately, shows a lot adobe flash.

Let's say you have a 3d character turning around and as you point the mouse to different directions character moves or there is a huge animation going on.

The website is like a game but its not. (can't explain better than this).

I mean, 3d design or animations are integrated into web interface. I'm afraid to say programmed.

Can a dreamweaver simulate unity 3d ? In terms of incorporating 3d staff into website.

Now, that you my knowledge on this subject, please tell me what I should know very generally.

Will Autodesk Maya and dreamweaver do the job.

regards

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoroZorro

• steven-g

• f700es

• Cad64

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi...getting closer...http://www.x3dom.org/?page_id=5

X3DOM (pronounced X-Freedom) is an experimental open-source framework and runtime to support the ongoing discussion in the Web3D and W3C communities how an integration of HTML5 and declarative 3D content could look like. It tries to fulfill the current HTML5 specification for declarative 3D content and allows including X3D elements as part of any HTML5 DOM tree.

say what...?

Web3D W3C HTML5 this is what i will retain

please comment

Thanks for the encouragement f700es...Please tell your boys to help me out:)

I'm in a process of selecting a 3dweb technology. As mentioned below, 3dweb technology requires a plugin to be installed by a viewer. Well i want to explore the possibilities of such a website without plugin.

Extract from wikipedia.

Web3D was initially the idea to fully display and navigate Web sites using 3D. By extension, the term now refers to all interactive 3D content which are embedded into web pages html, and that we can see through a web browser.

Web3D Technologies usually require to install a Web 3D viewer (plugin) to see this kind of content.

Nowadays many formats and tools are available:

They are mainly distinguished by five criteria:

• Simplicity (Automatic Installation, rates facilities already high)
  • Compatibility (Windows, Mac, Unix ..)
  • Quality (Performances, see Frames per second, and indirectly display quality)
  • Interactivity (Depending on the solutions, their programming opportunities, the creators of content have more or less freedom in the creation of interactivity.)
  • Standardization (none, "market position", by a standards organization, etc.)

I just posted a reply and i got the following message "your message is pending for approval by a moderator. Then i replied again with test message appeared.I deleted it.

I wrote my original message again and again it got stacked for approval. let me review the forums rules.

:(((((((((((

Your previous post is full of links, and since you are a forum newbie, the anti-spam software blocked it and kept it in moderation for us to review. I have approved it and you should be able to see it now. Once you get 10 posts, there will be no more restrictions on your account.

Information for New Members: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?56184-Information-for-new-members

I have spent some time looking at the options for web animation (but just simple 2D) and that isn't straight forward, different things work in different browsers, even between versions of the same browser, they all seem to need some sort of plugin. Html5 has some basic stuff, but I don't think you can rely just on that, then you get into css, javascript, php, flash. A lot is going to depend on what exactly you hope to achieve, and how long it will take to learn and implement.

The X3DOM example was nice in that I did not have to install any plugins, it just worked. That's what needed for the end users, something simple! ;)

Steven you just burst my bubble:))

I would like to avoid css, javascript, php, flash, since I don;t know how and with what, to eat these.

What I hope to achieve?

http://www.dasai.es/

I want to achieve some of the elements on this site... ability to rotate a 3d object (advantage - plugin is widely used, lots of learning material on this subject, disadvantage- user interaction is limited)

http://ecodazoo.com/

this site is closer to what i'm looking for, except i would like to have more complicated characters involved in this site. Full view in the browser and not minimized. (advantage - plugin is widely used, lots of learning material on this subject, disadvantage- user interaction is limited)

Web Gl

http://www.snwbx.com

It will be nice to have some of the elements on this site. Advantage-highly interactive. Disadvantage...very slow, i barely opened the site.

I saw somewhere saying that Flash is getting old. What is replacing it?

I guess this is part of software marketing.

Extract from http://www.gootechnologies.com/

HTML5 and WebGL based graphics engine, capable of powering the next generation of web games, apps and visualisations.

I hope forum members will bring a clarity and optimal solution.

The first 2 are certainly heavy on java and flash a bit of css thrown in, the second one took nearly 2 minutes to load up (seriously impressive) but flash on steroids. The third link said it couldn't be found and the fourth was a video presentation, so I couldn't really say what it involved. If you seriously want that sort of effect (and quality) I would consider signing up for a night school course to start with, and at a guess the people who created those did some full time studying, maybe not at university but every spare minute of every day.

f700es could that be, because you have x3dom already installed?

It asked me to install x3dom plugin yesterday if i'm not mistaken

Could be but I honestly don't recall doing, hmmm

Steven

1. Is the x3dom the only technology which doesn't require plugin?

( wikipedia was saying that these technologies need a plugin. I guess that information is not updated.

Well, planning to do more research..but.. typing x3dom website examples in google .....gives a ******* all.

Thanks guys..to be continued

• 2 weeks later...

hello,

yeap x3dom all the way baby....if needs to some webgl with three.js...

Thanks a lot to all participants. Your comments played a role for me.

regards

It would be nice to see some of the stuff you are doing, when you get up and running

Wow don't put me on pressure sir:)

I admit I might have sounded arrogant. I will try to reevaluate where I'm with my "thing" in 3 months. The thing is interactive website.

I liked this site

http://granular.cs.umu.se/umit/

And importing from 3d software doesn't seem so heavy.

One of the things I would like to know is how to trigger animate a model. For example, an animation character. As you move your mouse or click, any action around it, animation or movement expected. I just want to finalize on this with x3dom.

I want google glasses as well.