Maximized Viewport Action

hrsnblm

I am working with a template that has four (4) viewports in the layout tab. When I maximize a viewport to dimension the drawing, as soon as I click on a function (e.g., diameter) the viewport minimizes and the four (4) viewport layout is back. :oops: This happens each and every time. I believe this started when our organization switched to AutoCad 2011 (don't quote me on that).

I would appreciate any assistance. Thank you ahead of time.

No, the Viewport is not locked. I maximize the Viewport by right-clicking in the viewport I am working on and selecting "Maximize Viewport". It has the same effect by utilizing the "Maximize Viewport" button.

I saw a thread the other day, something about "reactors", it's over my head, but apparently can force things like putting dims onto specific layers, or into paperspace, is that a possibility or just a red herring.

I wouldn't believe so , but I guess that is a possibility. The template I am using was created by a former employee and it has worked ever since it was created. So, I wouldn't have any idea what might have been changed. One thing to note is that if I select the "Dimension, Ordinate" button, that works just fine. Any other selection that I've tried has minimized the Viewport back to the original drawing.

Lock all of your viewports for starters.

Double click on the perimeter of any of the viewports, and your viewport will be maximized, go in, dimension or whatever.

Works fine for me. :)

No need to belabor the obvious, but if all else fails, of course you could just go into MODELSPACE any of the other available ways.

no problem here..jpg