Please Help With PressPull!!!

ntremaglio

Hello,

I am semi-new to AutoCAD but have a fairly good knowledge of how to work the program now. However, I am continuously having problems with the presspull command. When I try to use the command on an object, the object is raised but not filled. It looks sort of like a fence/outline around the border of the object with a grid pattern. This is really frustrating. How do I fix this??

Screen Shot 2014-01-22 at 7.21.52 PM.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• ntremaglio

• Debalance

• rkent

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see that you are using AutoCAD for Mac. That result generated if you use extrude with surface mode. That setting doesn't affected presspull in AutoCAD for Windows, but you might want to check it.

Activate extrude then choose mode to change extrusion mode.

Hello,

I am semi-new to AutoCAD but have a fairly good knowledge of how to work the program now. However, I am continuously having problems with the presspull command. When I try to use the command on an object, the object is raised but not filled. It looks sort of like a fence/outline around the border of the object with a grid pattern. This is really frustrating. How do I fix this?

Try to manually create a region (using the REGION command). And then extrude it by means of EXTRUDE command.

Ive never used the extrude command so im not sure how to work it. If its not too much trouble, could you walk me through the process? Thanks a lot for your help.

ok I did it and it filled in the object but it still has the grid patterned look. Does this matter or is it the same as a regular 3d filled in object? I hope that makes sense lol sorry for not really knowing what to do

Here is a screenshot of the drawing. As you can see, i used the presspull command previously to turn the the magenta booth and table into a 3d object. But when I tried to use the presspull on the brown L shaped box, I ran into this problem somehow. When I used the extrude command to try and fix it like you all suggested, it closed the object but now I can't move it or mess with the shape without screwing it all up again. I know that I'm probably doing something pretty stupid here and it will be an easy fix but I just need some help figuring it out. Thanks a lot in advance for your suggestions.

Screen Shot 2014-01-23 at 12.36.58 PM.jpg

Your "L-shaped" box is comprised of several extruded surfaces not just one. Can you explain why?

Did you know you had four different profiles for your "L-shaped" box? Two are on one layer while the other two are on separate layers.

You might want to redo your floor. Right now it is a surface when it should probably be a solid.

I didnt know that...my plan is to have move the brown L shaped box on top of the green one, but i didnt know it was comprised of several extruded surfaces. How should I go about fixing this?

What is the purpose of moving the brown box on top of the green one? What is that supposed to represent? Are these base cabinets by any chance? If they are I think I just answered my own question.

Why is your floor so high? Looks to be 36". I can't imagine a normal basement floor being 36" thick.

yes, i am trying to design a sort of bar area there and the green box represents the base for the cabinets, the part that the cabinets sit on while the brown box represents the actual cabinets. Im no architect or interior designer, but it works for me lol. And I was trying to make the floor like the foundation I guess so I was going to put it 3 feet into the ground but all i really need is a slab for a floor that I can use a hatch on.

I'd make the slab a minimum of 4" thick with 8" as the max. It can be adjusted later using one of the solids editing commands if needed.

As far as the base cabinets are concerned I kind of figured that's what you had in mind. However, the cabinets need to see on the base not over the top of it. That means the cabinets have to be moved 4" up.

Your cabinets should be solids not surfaces.

Which problem are we talking about? The cabinets? Yes, you were extruding multiple profiles thus resulting in multiple entities which at the time were surfaces. You have some erasing to do first. Freeze the layers you aren't working on. That should help to some degree.

Do you have the headroom in the basement to raise the back row of chairs 24" off the floor? Is there enough room for a person to climb safely from the basement floor to the top row without pitching over the edge of the platform? Would the building codes require a handrail?