AUTOCAD slows down when multiple files opened

alan_mardan

Hello

My Autocad LT 2014 slows down as soon more than one drawing is opened. It responds very slowly when i zoom in/out.

any advice how to resolve it please?

Regards

Please confirm that you have only ONE session of AutoCAD open. Some users have had the experience of opening multiple drawings only to find that in each case they are also opening multiple instances of AutoCAD. Then we will go on from there.

I'm not sure what that means. I'll assume you have one session of AutoCAD running and two drawings open.

What are your full system specs?

What are the file sizes for each drawing?

What other programs are currently running in the background while you have AutoCAD open?

Sorry but I can't read the specs on your computer. The image is too small.

What happens if you open only the smaller of the two drawings and a brand new (empty) drawing? Does the problem go away?

I started 2 days ago, so i might have to speak to the technical manager. I thought i could do something about it me-self, but it seems to be above my capability.

Thanks anyway

It might have something to do with a Microsoft download (maybe).

What do you have for a graphics card or is it an onboard graphics chip?

Other than AutoCAD is any other program experiencing problems? Is your computer slower overall?

One other thing I can think of is the AutoCAD CommCenter also know as the InfoCenter. Has it been disabled on your system?

I believe it is an old computer with shared graphic card,

I don't experience any problem yet, and my computer runs fine otherwise.

How can i find out whether infocenter is off please?

CommCenter.JPG

The CommCenter.

Shared graphics? Your so-called CAD computer is in a word...poor. No offense but a professional like yourself needs a good computer not a toy.

If you only have the one smaller drawing open or if you have just opened a new drawing and there is nothing in it does AutoCAD still act sluggish?