Frozen proxy objects

I have some proxy objects in a drawing which used to function fine. Then I let my boyfriend use CAD for some overtime for work, and now I can't move, rotate, or snap to these objects. I'm not sure if he even changed anything (he says he didn't) but I can't figure out how to fix this. I can explode or delete the objects, but I really don't want to have to explode and re-create them all. Can anyone help?? I have found zero helpful results in a web search. :(

Question #1: What original program created the Proxy Entities?

Question #2: Do you use a "vertical product" of AutoCAD, such as AutoCAD MEP or AutoCAD Architecture?

Knowing answers to these questions can help us better assist you. I've found that using a vertical AutoCAD product allows for basic manipulation of certain Proxy Entities. So, make sure you're starting the session of AutoCAD in the correct profile. Knowing the type of authoring application that created the Proxy Entities might yield an add-on for you to install to allow AutoCAD the basic manipulation needs.

I believe they were originally created in CAD, they are blocks for chairs, toilets, etc. that I have been using for over a decade. No vertical product used, just AutoCAD 2012. I asked the BF what product they use at work because I thought maybe him opening other files in the program might have altered something, and he said they use AutoCAD 2013. I also switched it back to "Classic" view for him, so I don't know if some setting may have changed in doing that?

If the drawing was created with an AutoCAD vertical product like MEP, or Civil 3D you should be prompted with a little dialog box that you can scroll down inside and see what vertical created the proxy objects. Here is a lisp routine that lists them as well. It was posted at: http://withoutanet.typepad.com/without_a_net/2010/03/managing-regapp-ids.html

(defun c:ListRegappIDs (/ appname)
 (if (setq appname (tblnext "appid" T))
   (princ "\nRegistered application IDs in drawing:")
 )
 (while appname
   (princ (strcat "\n" (cdr (assoc 2 appname))))
   (setq appname (tblnext "appid"))
 )
 (princ)
)

Update: I tried bringing the files to work where I use Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 and the objects work perfectly. I will try the lisp routine that troggarf posted since when I'm working from home again.

BIGAL, I did know you can turn them off at will and I have checked all the proxy commands and confirmed they are all set ON.

It's very frustrating.