• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• wanted90

• JD Mather

• resullins

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What are your units of measure to start? Looks like a college assignment... Are you looking for someone to do the drawing for you?

step 1...take 5 mins to understand what you're drawing, the various components and how they fit together & interact in real life.

it may look complicated, but it's just a few simple objects

step 2...consider the stages of drawing it

step 3...draw centrelines

step 4...draw it

step 5...dimension it

??

2a..set up your drawing envoirnment....layers, lineweights etc

ShoeBrake1.jpg

Maybe this will help get you started at the very least.

Some of the commands you'll use are Circle, Line, Offset, Mirror and Trim.

Another interesting command you might find helpful is M2P or MTP which is a command modifier meaning it can only be used in the course of using another command. M2P - Mid between two points. Find an explanation of its use here...

http://autocadtipoftheday.com/tips/m2p-and-mtp-get-you-right-in-the-middle-of-things

ShoeBrake2.jpg

When you have completed the steps shown in post #5 you can move on to the next phase of your drawing. Many of the same commands can be put to good use here along with the addition of the Rotate command (used for the cam).

Are you familiar with the use of the Tan option of the Line command? It will come in handy for the cam operator at the top of your drawing. And do you know how to draw a line at an angle by typing it in at the command line? Here is an example:

@60

The number after the @ symbol is the distance followed by the

You will have to load a couple of linetypes too. I used the Center and Dashed2 linetypes.

ShoeBrake3.jpg

The final steps to the completion of your drawing.

The hatch pattern used is called Net. I used an angle of 45 and a scale of 1. I also used the Add: Pick Points option and picked in the space between R60 and R50.

If you run into a problem post back to this thread and ask for assistance. Someone here will help you.

Good luck.

Hi Remark .. Now I know how to drwa that picture but still this part .. please see blue line

Help me in that

If you look at my version of this drawing you'll see that I offset a horizontal line that started at the end of the vertical line that is 20 units long. I offset that line 7 units. I then drew a line at a distance of 10 units and an angle of 60 degrees (90-30=60). This is your diagonal line as seen in the image above. I trimmed away the portion of the line that wasn't needed then added a vertical line 16 units long. If you can draw one side you have basically drawn the second.

A second way of doing it is to draw a vertical line 20 units long then continue on to draw the diagonal line 8.0829 units at an angle of 60 degrees followed by drawing the last vertical line at 16 units. This is what the input looks like at the command line:

Command: _line

Specify first point:

Specify next point or [undo]: 20

Specify next point or [undo]: @8.0829

Specify next point or [Close/Undo]: 16

Specify next point or [Close/Undo]

That portion of the drawing (cam) is just three circles connected with lines that are tangent to the circles. So you use the Circle and Line (with the Tangent osnap) commands then use the Trim command. Draw one side and mirror it. Finally, rotate the lobes on the cam 11 degrees. This is the progression....

ShoeBrakeCam.JPG

What the input at the command line looks like for drawing a line using the Tan osnap...

Command: _line

Specify first point: tan

to (first circle)

Specify next point or [undo]: tan

to (second circle)

Specify next point or [undo]:

Just be careful where you make you picks on the circles. It might take you a couple of tries but you should be able to figure it out.

Are we good to go now?

Edited by ReMark

Override the distance shown and put a 32 there. If you rotated the cam lobes negative 11 degrees the distance would be correct.

Edited by ReMark