Beginner question on centering an object

zofofg

Hi all, i just started Autocad a few weeks ago and am having trouble centering my drawing within the title blocks. Our professor said he would walk us though if we forgot but it is driving me nuts. If anybody has any helpful hints it would be greatly appreciated. Attached is the drawing i have to center. I purposely drew it towards the bottom because i want to see the drawing move. we are using Autocad 14

P03-13.dwg

Drew it towards the bottom? Of What? You didn't draw your model in paperspace did you? Modelspace doesn't really have a bottom.

I can't open your drawing since it was created by a newer version than mine, but it is good that you attached it anyway.

Is your viewport display locked? If so unlock it.

To unlock, or lock, select (click on) the viewport frame, right click, select Display Locked from the resulting menu and change the selection box, you can also find Display Locked in the Properties dialog.

Once the viewport is unlocked, type ms (mspace) to activate the viewport into modelspace. The viewport will become highlighted while it is open to modelspace.

Now Pan and/or Zoom to position your view as you desire. Once you have your view centered or whatever, type ps (pspace) to get out of the viewport back into paperspace. At this point, you can also assign a scale to your view, if you have gotten to that part yet. Once you are done manipulating your view, lock the viewport again. Now you won't accidentally move it again.

Hi all, i just started Autocad a few weeks ago and am having trouble centering my drawing within the title blocks. Our professor said he would walk us though if we forgot but it is driving me nuts. If anybody has any helpful hints it would be greatly appreciated. Attached is the drawing i have to center. I purposely drew it towards the bottom because i want to see the drawing move. we are using Autocad 14

There are lots of ways to get there although I disagree that getting it exactly centered holds any importance in the real world.

You have an open area in your title block with a horizontal distance of X, you have an object with a horizontal distance of Y. So X - Y/2 gives you the distance from either side horizontally from title block to object drawn. Do the same for the vertical. Then have your instructor show you how to use PaperSpace and place the title block there instead.

P03-13 07.dwg

There are lots of ways to get there although I disagree that getting it exactly centered holds any importance in the real world.

You have an open area in your title block with a horizontal distance of X, you have an object with a horizontal distance of Y. So X - Y/2 gives you the distance from either side horizontally from title block to object drawn. Do the same for the vertical. Then have your instructor show you how to use PaperSpace and place the title block there instead.

OK, so plus one on rkent. I'm glad I couldn't open it now.:lol: