johnny13

Hey guys,

I'm currently editing a pre-existing Title block to suit my needs, I've made my title block and when I'm in the block editor it looks how I want it too, The only issue is when I exit the block editor and return to the normal layer all my attribute editors disappear and the original blocks appears, I've tried deleting the layer the original are on but to no avail. I've attached a word document with the block editor view and the layout view any advice will be greatly appreciated

Block Editor Version.docx

When creating a title block/border it is in two parts. The border which are the lines and then the information inside the title block. Create your attributes inside the areas required and you can set the attribute text justification the same as you would text. Locate them as you want to see them also this is the time to insert your logo, do not save this drawing as your template this is still a drawing. Now I don't know if this next part has changed so some one may have more current advice, you need to turn this drawing into a block. I only know the old and hard way but it will work. Start to create a Wblock using the bottom left corner as your insertion point (or other if required) then begin the selection process. You will need to select each attribute in the order you want to see the prompts in when you use ddatte, it sounds difficult but only takes about a minute or less, once you have selected all of your attributes in order then select the rest of the items in your drawing. I usually save these Wblocks as "Company" or "project" Border. Once this is done create a new drawing and go to the paper space layout1 and then insert your newly created Wblock at "0,0", if it asks for input for your variable just hit enter until the new border can be inserted. Once the border/title block is in place you can fill out some of the attributes ahead of time, project number etc. When done save the drawing as a drawing template (.dwt) I'm sure that there is some new way to do this and I've noticed that many of my younger drafters use the text editor to modify the attributes in the title block. They are surprised to learn that you can actually setup your attributes to show in order and accessed through the ddatte command. Good luck