XREF directory cleanup

tzframpton

I've been tasked to a very large project that's been going on for 3+ years now. The file management has been pretty horrible during that time, and I'm seeing tons of file duplication's with suffix's such as "_old" or "_archive", etc. As many as up to ten for one file, so "_old1" "_old2" "_old3" and so on.

I want to archive all of these files to get the root job folder organized again. The senior engineer has cleared me on it, ONLY if the archived file literally is not being XREF'd into any other DWG file.

Is there a way to tell if a DWG file is being "referenced"? I was thinking of Reference Manager, but not sure how I could get a "report" of some sort.

Just thought I'd ask is all. Thanks in advance!

- Tannar

What about creating eTransmit? All referenced files will be added in the transmittal. You can use the transmittal instead of the original folder. That is the clean folder.

Great tip!! That works fantastic. Thanks a million rkent!!

That is a good tip... I thought I remembered seeing it:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?82929-X-Ref-finder

Also, FWIW:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?152990-Listing-all-xrefs-attached-to-a-group-of-(unopened)-drawings-to-xls-file

Cheers

Thanks BB!! Always too kind my friend. Hope all is well with you and the Mrs. :)

You're welcome; I'm happy to help, my friend. :thumbsup:

I appreciate the well wishes. Thanks to my new, and greatly improved employment offer, the captivating Mrs. BlackBox and I are on track to do very well this year. :beer:

Cheers