Help me create extrude and engrave

wanted90

FYI - Number plate = license plate.

Numbers and letters will have to be extruded but if you are working from text then it will first have to be exploded and cleaned up. Those running full AutoCAD can find the TXTEXP (Text Explode) command under Express Tools > Text assuming Express Tools was loaded when AutoCAD was installed.

Now, what are the specifications for the size, height, and style of the text you'll be using?

What are the specifications for the individual punches? Size and height?

License plates are stamped not cut using CNC.

What is the problem you are having with Extrude?

Did you look at the drawing I emailed you?

ExtrudedNumber.jpg

An example of text that has been extruded.

Starting on the far left we have the number "7" created using the Times New Roman font. The font is filled.

When TXTEXP is used to explode the text the end result is two closed polyline profiles. The fill is lost. Depending on the font, when it exploded it may end up as being larger than the original size. It would have to be rescaled.

The red and green "7" has been extruded. Both sections are now solids. In this metric drawing the height was set at a little over 12mm.

If we use the Union command we can combine both the red and green sections to end up with one complete solid shown here in yellow on the far right.

So the commands used were TXTEXP, Scale, Extrude and Union.

OK, it's almost 7 p.m. here on the east coast of the U.S. I'm going to call it quits for the day and go read a good book. I will check this thread some time early Friday morning. See you then.

Thanks mark ,

Can please make word (عمان) as polyline so I face there problem to create polyline please help me in that then later I will do extrude and engrave for it with required size

That word looks familiar. I may have done it already as part of another thread.

From what I remember the method I described in my previous post (re: number 7) did not work. The problem was that when the word was exploded the Arabic font used resulted in profiles that were not the same as the word. As a workaround I traced the outline of the word using polylines then extruded them. I will see if I can find the thread. I will also look to see if I retained my original work although chances are I deleted everything since it was no longer of any use to me.

I was thinking about your reference to CNC last night. Is it your plan to cut the license plate numbers and letters into a solid block of material using a CNC machine at your school/college?

I was thinking about your reference to CNC last night. Is it your plan ....

From the first post -

"...help me to draw 3D punch and die..."

You may need to model the letter geometry rather than use text.

If the OP is going to use CNC to make his license plate then I'll have to defer to those like yourself JD that know the process better.

I must be losing my mind. Apparently I did not recognize your user name "wanted90" nor your reference to chatting with me via "Whatsapp" in your private message to me yesterday otherwise I would have remembered this thread from late last year...

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?83179-How-I-can-extrude-this-text-in-autoCad2006&highlight=text+explode

I only recalled it this morning as I searched on the words Text Explode then saw the familiar Arabic font.

I would model the text on a block.

Add fillets for the deformation bends.

Subtract this from the cavity side (make a copy of this toolbody before subtract)

Shell removing the sides and bottom of the block and with the thickness of the plate. This will result in the plate part.

Then I would subtract the plate from the core side.

There is a somewhat similar procedure here - http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/CAD238/AutoCAD%202007%20Tutorial%207.pdf

this will give you your punch and die.

Those directions almost sound as if they were for doing the task in Inventor.

The instructions I linked were done using AutoCAD (2007). Geometry is geometry - no real difference.

Well the OP might struggle with the wording. I believe he is from Saudi Arabia and English is obviously not his first language. He may also require something more than your 2007 tutorial. Don't be surprised if he asks.

Seems too that he has forgotten we covered some of the same ground back in November (see link in post #9). Problems with the Arabic font used in the license plate precluded the use of the TXTEXP command. To extrude the lettering I had to trace the outlines using a polyline.

This is the problem you will encounter if you use TXTEXP on the Arabic text the OP is requesting help with. On the left, in red, is the MText object. On the right, in white, is the result of TXTEXP. BTW...the exploded text has to be scaled down.

Oman_1.jpg

wanted90:

Confusion reigns. This is what happens when you have three different threads about the same problem one of which dates back to 2013. You've got us running around in circles.

The answer to your request can be found via this link....http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?84341-please-Can-poly-line-this-word

It is the drawing you seek. It was created by you back in November of last year and attached to a post by you.

Edited by ReMark

wanted90: You have created three threads about the same problem.

1. "How can I extrude this text in AutoCAD 2006" dated November 27th, 2013.

2. "Help me create extrude and engrave" dated January 30th, 2014.

3. "Please can polyline this word" dated Febraury 1st, 2014.

It would be helpful if a moderator can look at threads #2 and #3 and see if they can be combined.

Edited by ReMark