Macros Have Stopped Working

resullins

All of a sudden, my action macros aren't working. I'm getting "Unknown command" errors. I've checked my options, everything's pointing to the right folder, and the macro files are in the right folder. Why would I be getting this error?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• resullins

• Tuns

• rkent

I don't know how... and apparently it's only one of them. I have a macro that sets my tool palette to default. Now, my TP should open to the default one, but it hasn't been. So I tried to use the macro to point it back in the right direction, and it's not working. The macros that point to specific manufacturer palette are working just fine. Grrr.... it's annoying.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok... I'm resurrecting this thread, because the problem stopped for a while, and is now happening again.

When I check my options, there are sometimes new paths in the Action Recorder Settings and in the Tool Palette Path settings. Sometimes I am able to delete these new paths, and sometimes I am not. When I am not, I will remove said new path, hit ok, and get the following error: The directory specifiied for the action macro files must exist and have read/write permission. The value previously saved for the action macro files directory will be used."

This appeared after I deleted a Tool Palette Path.

This is really confusing, I know... but I have to have my tool palettes! I can't function without them!

What if you just put the macros and blocks into the path that it adds? I can't think of how to possibly fix that because I've never had that problem, so I'm trying to think of a work around.

Not really an option. We share these tool palettes with all the engineers, so they all have to be in a standardized location without our usernames in the address. Does that make sense? The path I use is Z:/Tool Palettes. The path it adds is very complicated, and would be different for all of us.

No... it's not shared like that. But everyone uses the same macros for recall, so everyone has to have the same path. So the Z:/ drive on EVERYONE's workstation is the block library, but they're all on our individual workstations. Does that make sense?