Can't completely zoom in

I have many drawings where I try to zoom all the way into edit and it won't let me. I use the wheel to zoom. In the bottom left says "already zoomed in as far as possible". Is there a setting I can change or something I can do to be able to zoom it more? I am using AutoCAD Civil 3d 2014.

Thank you!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AdrianR

• Tuns

• Dana W

• Tiger

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a similar issue, except that I can't zoom all the way out sometimes. I will never understand why that is though. You could use zoom window to zoom in closer.

I know that LIMITS sometimes messes with the Zoom-Out issue, but I can't see how it should affect the Zoom-In issue.

That said, I sometimes have this problem as well, a regen often works but not always, and I always have LImits off - so I have chalked it down to One Of Those Things.

Is it possibly a matter of perception that you are not zoomed in far enough. On the display screen the lines don't get any thicker as you zoom in or out, even if you have "display lineweights" turned on. In fact they stay a constant thickness. I just zoomed in fully on the lower left corner of a 13" rectangle. Once the other three corners of the rectangle disappeared off screen, there were no visual cues to tell me how far I was zoomed in on the one corner. I took a DIST of how much of the lines I could still see. The result was 0.00008 vertical and 0.00011 horizontal. That is pretty zoomed in.

Nope, that's definitely not the perception error I was referring to.

Here's a wild idea. Has somebody left recently with a bad attitude. Maybe somebody that would have scaled down the drawings by some ridiculous factor like .00000001 to get even for something? I just tested this and one can scale down beyond the zoom in limits.

I copy and pasted the detail into another file and I could zoom as expected. Something in that file and probably has to do with the Civil program and or Geo references, etc.

OK, that is weird. I can't zoom or pan. Well, I could when I first opened the drawing (converted by TrueView to 2007) but it stopped.

What's more, I could not even get the cursor too come out of the drawing area back to the CUI. The cursor WILL NOT cross the edge of the drawing area, but I can get it to show me coordinates from beyond the workspace frame. It is as though the display screen is bigger than the AutoCad window. I had to type QUIT to get out of the danged thing.

I am baffled so far.

This is so weird. I took off all of the georeferences and I still can't move the view anywhere. I tried purging it and I can't even remove the layers you aren't using. Is this drawing possessed?