What can I do with Navisworks Freedom?

ColinPearson

Hello all. I'm unfamiliar with Navisworks but have worked several jobs ina row now where we get navisworks models from the EOR. My company does not use the software, so I onl have access to the Freedom version. I'd like to be able to produce plan and iso piping drawings, turn on line numbers to display along the piping, turn on tie-in numbers, etc. I know that most of this information must be in the original model, but what kind of access to it do I have in Freedom? I'm on the newset version, whatever that is - I just updated it the other day.

Thanks very much.

Freeedom is strictly the free "viewer" for the Navisworks platform. It reads NWD and DWF/DWFx files only. It has all the standard navigation and view/section/plan tools.

So, the extent you have as far as model and view manipulation is to enable the Selection Tree and Saved Viewpoints. You can right-click a Viewpoint and click "Add Copy" to duplicate it, and rename it to your liking. In the Selection Tree you can Hide the items you don't want to have visible, and make other additional changes in the Viewpoint Ribbon Tab. Once you have the view the way you like it, right-click the Viewpoint and click "Update" and it'll save the visibility properties and location. Only thing is, that is temporary. No file saving from the Viewer.

Hope this helps some. The Navisworks Freedom software is the "free viewer" so you're limited, very limited, unless you/your company forks out thousands of dollars for the real thing.

- Tannar

That's kind of what I figured. Thank you for the specific details though, I'll just use it to the extent that we're able. Cheers!