Programming languages

scarecr0w132

Hello,

Does anyone know what language autocad or inventor are programmed in?

Do they use a scripting language for the content?

thank you

AutoCAD and Inventor are most likely a combination of several things, which we as end users are not allowed to tinker with. The most common conception is that the bulk of the code was written in C++ or C#, but you can bet there are some assembly language routines in there somewhere as well. As for hacking into this code, and I'm not sure that's what you're asking, but forget it. This is not only impossible but it's illegal.

Now, if you're looking for scripting and such, yes, both packages support this and there is more than one method of automating tasks. AutoCAD has scripting, LISP and then there's VBA and .NET. I have only recently started doing some automation work with Inventor and I'm using VB.NET and C#.NET with Visual Studio. The .NET methods allow for talking directly to the application and you're only limited by your imagination on what you can do.

AutoCAD and Inventor are most likely a combination of several things, which we as end users are not allowed to tinker with. The most common conception is that the bulk of the code was written in C++ or C#, but you can bet there are some assembly language routines in there somewhere as well. As for hacking into this code, and I'm not sure that's what you're asking, but forget it. This is not only impossible but it's illegal.

Now, if you're looking for scripting and such, yes, both packages support this and there is more than one method of automating tasks. AutoCAD has scripting, LISP and then there's VBA and .NET. I have only recently started doing some automation work with Inventor and I'm using VB.NET and C#.NET with Visual Studio. The .NET methods allow for talking directly to the application and you're only limited by your imagination on what you can do.

Yea, I thought it would be in c++. Are you aware of using Inventor API in your own application?

Thanks