Footprint Libraries Problem

flyingjunkie

I've tried searching for an answer to my problem for days now both on the forum and the internet in general with no results. Hopefully someone here can help me out.

I am currently using ACADE 2014 and was trying to do a panel layout drawing. Upon trying to insert a component footprint (in this case, a section of Panduit) I noticed that the entire folder for Panduit was empty. Upon further inspections, I found this to be a common occurrence across several manufacturers' components. I went back the "Uninstall/Change" function of the program manager under the Control Panel and made sure that all manufacturers were checked and all features were checked to ensure a 100% installation, but nothing changed.

This is quite a problem for me as my company only has ACADE installed on 1 computer as a "test machine." We are currently trying to convince the "higher-ups" to invest in this for our electrical designers (as opposed to us just continuing to use ACADM like we are right now) and any hiccup such as this could be a potential deal-breaker. Any help that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all who help in advance!

• 6 months later...

Did you get anywhere with this?

When we use wire duct or din rail we use “WD_DINRL” command. You should find this on the insert Footprint dialog box, or you can type it in at the command line. (The dialog box shows a section of din rail). This will call up an additional dialog box that generates the din rail or wire duct. WD_DINRL references a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet called WDDINRL.XLS. You will need to edit this spreadsheet to add wire duct or din rail types not listed. For our use we only show the center lines for the wire duct mounting holes, that way the shop only has to cut to length. Once you have edited the spreadsheet you can copy it to any additional computers. Search “wddinrl” in the Electrical help should give you the information to get started.

• 2 months later...

flyingjunkie,

I am new to Autocad 2015 and while amazed at the libraries provided also found it disappointing at their lack of completeness as you are finding. For example most of the Terminal Blocks for Phoenix Contact are within the component database; however, none of their relays or relay assemblies are. While my company mainly uses ~ 40 different relays it is time consuming but it will need to be built. I have been advised by ACADE instructors many times you can inquire to manufacturers for completed databases.

Maybe a thought...

EUI-drafter, thanks for the file association currently attempting to familiarize myself with all external files.