Inventor 2014 Install Fails

Bill Tillman

I am trying to download the installation file from AutoDesk's website to install Inventor 2014 Professional. I chose the browser download and I end up with one file which is about 4GB in size called:

Autodesk_Inventor_2014_Eng_64bit_dlm_001_002.sfx.exe

But when I run this file I keep getting this error message:

Product download consists of multiple files. At least one of the files is missing or has not been downloaded yet.

I will try the install over Internet option but I was hoping to get the complete install here for my use later on.

And that's one of the reasons why I insist on having them send me a disk.

Maybe the download got interrupted somehow thus the reason why you are short a file or two?

Edited by ReMark
can't spell LoL

You need to download all the files for inventor, you only have one of them. I have a inventor product suite and it takes 4gbfiles for the whole thing.

I think there is also a *003.* file. (or maybe it was *002_002.*)

And I think it is not very big. :x

Inventor Download.PNG

I don't recall is this was the download or what I copied over from the DVD.

I always use the browser download, but 2014 was the first release I finally gave up on and requested a disk.

Only took a couple of days to arrive in my mailbox.

One of my students had this problem. Neither the Browser Download nor the Install Now option would download all the files that he needed. Not sure what he did eventually to get it resolved, though.

Thanks everyone. I chose the Browser Download and it downloads only the 1 file. This file was the big 4GB file but as for the other one, I don't know how to download that from AutoDesk's website. We did an Install Now and that got us working. The new license are supposed to arrive this week, we bought four of them for this department. Trouble is the machines we need are not going to be here for another few weeks. So I was trying to install on one of my home systems to get started.