Down grade utilities or drawing sources or any advice

Bilbo

... Inventor Fusion.

Just to be clear - in my opinion this product was not named correctly as it is nothing like AutoDesk Inventor.

And I would not spend a lot of time learning a discontinued product.

The replacement product - Fusion 360 - (Note that they took the name Inventor out of it) is available for month-to-month rental of only $25/mth. Could probably get involved in Beta product development for free.

This is supposed to be a very easy 3D modeler to learn to use - but my previous experience with other modelers has made it a struggle for me. Hoping to get some time to work over the hurdles over the summer.

Going from AutoCAD 12 to AutoCAD 2014 might be quite a leap in itself.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Bilbo

• JD Mather

• f700es

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The real leap would come when you open your wallet. Here are the quoted prices to buy various programs posted at the AutoDesk website.

AutoCAD LT 2014 - $1200

AutoCAD 2014 - $4195

Inventor LT - $1195

Inventor Professional - $7295

On the other hand Bricscad Platinum retails for $985. Cheaper even than AutoCAD LT with a functionality on par with full AutoCAD.

Since it is AutoDesk we are talking about there has to be some sort of catch to that rental program. Anyway, I think the rental option would be better suited to a business.

Of course a rental option would be better suited for a business. This user needs a solution for his own personal use not a $7,300 "modern" professional "3D" CAD package. CAD snobbery has reached a new level in this thread imho!