printing out ctbs

Kwiz

I want to print or plot out my CTB file like it looks in Acad I tried PlotStyleViewer but it only gives me black. I want it to look like the one in Plot Style Table Editor. Is there anyway to do this or will I have to make a drawing with each color, line and thickness. I thought there was a way because I have seen them before.

Any help would be great.

KWIZ

I think the OP wants to plot the table itself. I found one on line a while back but it would only print 74 colors on a 11x17 sheet. Clunky at best.
Yeah I think you're right.

I would humbly suggest to the O.P. to rise up from the 1980's of AutoCAD plot style methods and into the modern methods with all the colors in the CTB set to "Use Object Lineweight" and let the Layer Manager set the line thicknesses. Colors don't matter anymore, nor should they. That way you don't have to create a PDF with 256 lines, constantly referencing their color and thickness.

Just my $0.02 is all. 8)

CTB's are still widely used and making "the change" is not always a viable option.
I understand CTB's are still widely used, which is why I stated to still use CTB's. I am only suggesting for the O.P. to use them in a more effective and efficient manner (not to mention a thousand times easier), which is to let the Layer decide the line properties instead of one color out of 256 options.

Most people do not change from the aged system of letting the color decide the line property and that is fine; it's not my intent to convince such a thing. But I cannot let this information pass when I see it. I literally feel bad not suggesting it.

I understand CTB's are still widely used, which is why I stated to still use CTB's. I am only suggesting for the O.P. to use them in a more effective and efficient manner (not to mention a thousand times easier), which is to let the Layer decide the line properties instead of one color out of 256 options.

Most people do not change from the aged system of letting the color decide the line property and that is fine; it's not my intent to convince such a thing. But I cannot let this information pass when I see it. I literally feel bad not suggesting it.

But you have to admit that your wording is way over-exaggerated for a very viable and still widely used plotting solution when the OP had nothing to do with anything other than a how to print out the CTB settings.

BTW, I think Lynn Allen posted a way to print the actual table a couple years ago.

But you have to admit that your wording is way over-exaggerated for a very viable and still widely used plotting solution when the OP had nothing to do with anything other than a how to print out the CTB settings.
Definitely going to have to disagree with you there. Is it still the most widely used plotting solution? Yes, 100% agree with this. Is it "very viable"? No, 100% disagree. It's old and dated and only people who don't assign lineweights to colors understand where I am coming from and have seen the light.

I do understand that the O.P. came for a very specific question, which has been answered numerous times. I've stated it once and I'll state again, my comment was additional information to the O.P. with zero intention on taking away from what he originally came for. It is up to him to decide whether my information is usable in his situation.

;)

I would have to say that maybe before you tell somebody to how to manage files read the question better. I was asking how to print it out so some person using AutoCAD for Dummies could grasp the concept of layer manager vs pen color and so on.

Second thanks for the link - it worked perfect and I can edit it for the bubbleheads that I have using Acad. and I really wish the old school guys would wake up and get with it LOL.

Who told you how to manage files? I don't understand where this is coming from.

Before you criticize anyone for not understanding your question, you should learn how to formulate a question so that it is not open to interpretation. You weren't exactly clear.

Also, if you keep calling those people dummies and bubbleheads, even when you think they aren't listening, they will never take you seriously. Us old school CTB users see more light than you think we do.