How can i "copy" a layer from an open .dwg to another?

salaxi

Is there any possible way to do that? I had a .dwg with a layer with contours and i deleted it (my fault) .. I have this layer in another .dwg . Is there any way to transfer it in the other drawing file?

Thanks in advance!

Try going through the Clipboard. I'd use the 'Copy with Base Point" option. In the other drawing I would "Paste as Block". When you get the block where you want it then explode it. You're back in business.

You should know that if one right-clicks in an empty space in their drawing a shortcut menu will appear. Choose Clipboard and a flyout menu appears with the following options.

Cut

Copy

Copy with Base Point

Paste

Paste as Block

Paste to Original Coordinates

Learn what each means and use the ones most appropriate to what you are doing and you can't go wrong.

You can also drag and drop layers into a drawing using Design Center. Find the drawing that has the layer you need, and drop it into the drawing you had deleted it from.