+ Reply to Thread
    Using
    AutoCAD 2008

Default Fence linetype missing the "x"

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

So... "suddenly" my trusty 'fence' linetype ( -x-x-x-x- ) no longer displays the 'x' at the correct size ( -.-.-.-.- ). It's TINY. It's not a regular linetype scale issue as I have older untouched drawings that no longer display correctly. Also, the 'gap' where the "x" should be is showing scaled correctly, but not the tiny 'x' within. I tried re-importing the linetype from a number of local files and get the same result. Other linetypes still display correctly. It won't even appear right in the manager. Help please?
    (all lines in pic same type at different scales)
    linetype.jpg
    P.S. Other computers on the same network are displaying the same issue. Files are on a central server.

Discipline
    Construction
    MSasu's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    engineer
    Discipline
    Construction
    Details
    AutoLISP programmer
    Using
    AutoCAD 2013

I suppose that the "X" symbol is added like a character in linetype's definition; please check is there isn't a change in the text style used for that. I mean, the font used and/or imposed height.
    Regards,
    Mircea

AutoCAD's happy user equation: FILEDIA + PICKADD² + PICKFIRST = 3

Luminous Being
    Using
    Civil 3D 2016

Like above
    *EXISTING_SEWER_MAIN,Existing Sewer main - - -S- - -S- - -S- - -S- - -
    A,5.08,-5.08,5.08,-5.08,["S",STANDARD,S=1.8,R=0.0,X=-1.8,Y=-.9],-3

the text style used is standard change it to annotative and it will not work or set a height.
    A man who never made mistakes never made anything

Using
    AutoCAD 2008

Quote Originally Posted by MSasu View Post
    I suppose that the "X" symbol is added like a character in linetype's definition; please check is there isn't a change in the text style used for that. I mean, the font used and/or imposed height.
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGAL View Post
    Like above
    *EXISTING_SEWER_MAIN,Existing Sewer main - - -S- - -S- - -S- - -S- - -
    A,5.08,-5.08,5.08,-5.08,["S",STANDARD,S=1.8,R=0.0,X=-1.8,Y=-.9],-3

the text style used is standard change it to annotative and it will not work or set a height.

Thanks. SOLVED

I'm really rusty, and I should clarify a few things as I go. The dwg files are all on the local network. The CAD support files should be on each computer. The linetype looks fine on OTHER acads on other computers on the same network. I am using acad 2008.

I used "new-lin.lsp" and "to-lin.lsp" (http://www.turvill.com/t2/free_stuff/index.htm) lisps to extract my current linetypes and compare to unedited originals.

Both lisps extracted to:
    C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2008\R17.1\enu\Template (<-windows search refused to find the extractions here)

Here are two linetypes of my same 'fence' linetype:

*Fence,--------x--------x--------x--------x
    A,1.5,-0.2,
    ["x",STANDARD,s=0.11,r=0,x=-0.1,y=-0.05],

*Fence_2,----x----x----x----x
    A,0.5,-0.2,
    ["x",STANDARD,s=0.11,r=0,x=-0.1,y=-0.05],
    Everything was the same as the original unedited linetype data.

I went into the same dwg on MY computer that wasn't showing correctly, AND another computer that was correct, and hit "ddstyle" to look at the "STANDARD" text style. The CORRECT computer was showing a height of "0". MY computer was showing a height something like "0.0000075754". I made mine "0", saved, reloaded, and FIXED. I'm not sure how a height of "0" makes the X appear larger than a height of "0.0000075754", but it does. I'm also not sure how this error occurred in the first place, but I'm glad it's fixed.

Thanks again.

Discipline
    Construction
    MSasu's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    engineer
    Discipline
    Construction
    Details
    AutoLISP programmer
    Using
    AutoCAD 2013

Quote Originally Posted by WindowsIHateYou View Post
    C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2008\R17.1\enu\Template (<-windows search refused to find the extractions here)
    That is probably due to the fact that you have chosen to "Do not show hidden files or folders" in your system folder options.
    Regards,
    Mircea

AutoCAD's happy user equation: FILEDIA + PICKADD² + PICKFIRST = 3

Forum Deity
    Using
    AutoCAD 2002

Quote Originally Posted by WindowsIHateYou View Post
    .... and hit "ddstyle" to look at the "STANDARD" text style. The CORRECT computer was showing a height of "0". MY computer was showing a height something like "0.0000075754". I made mine "0", saved, reloaded, and FIXED. I'm not sure how a height of "0" makes the X appear larger than a height of "0.0000075754", but it does. I'm also not sure how this error occurred in the first place, but I'm glad it's fixed.

In the linetype definition, if the textstyle has a height of 0, then the s value is used alone to determine the height of text. If the text height is anything else then the text height is multiplied by the s value.

Using
    AutoCAD 2008

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Quote Originally Posted by MSasu View Post
    That is probably due to the fact that you have chosen to "Do not show hidden files or folders" in your system folder options.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by eldon View Post
    In the linetype definition, if the textstyle has a height of 0, then the s value is used alone to determine the height of text. If the text height is anything else then the text height is multiplied by the s value.
    Understood. Thanks