Fence linetype missing the "x"

WindowsIHateYou

So... "suddenly" my trusty 'fence' linetype ( -x-x-x-x- ) no longer displays the 'x' at the correct size ( -.-.-.-.- ). It's TINY. It's not a regular linetype scale issue as I have older untouched drawings that no longer display correctly. Also, the 'gap' where the "x" should be is showing scaled correctly, but not the tiny 'x' within. I tried re-importing the linetype from a number of local files and get the same result. Other linetypes still display correctly. It won't even appear right in the manager. Help please?

(all lines in pic same type at different scales)

linetype.jpg

P.S. Other computers on the same network are displaying the same issue. Files are on a central server.

I suppose that the "X" symbol is added like a character in linetype's definition; please check is there isn't a change in the text style used for that. I mean, the font used and/or imposed height.

Like above

*EXISTING_SEWER_MAIN,Existing Sewer main - - -S- - -S- - -S- - -S- - -

A,5.08,-5.08,5.08,-5.08,["S",STANDARD,S=1.8,R=0.0,X=-1.8,Y=-.9],-3

the text style used is standard change it to annotative and it will not work or set a height.

I suppose that the "X" symbol is added like a character in linetype's definition; please check is there isn't a change in the text style used for that. I mean, the font used and/or imposed height.

Like above

*EXISTING_SEWER_MAIN,Existing Sewer main - - -S- - -S- - -S- - -S- - -

A,5.08,-5.08,5.08,-5.08,["S",STANDARD,S=1.8,R=0.0,X=-1.8,Y=-.9],-3

the text style used is standard change it to annotative and it will not work or set a height.

Thanks. SOLVED

I'm really rusty, and I should clarify a few things as I go. The dwg files are all on the local network. The CAD support files should be on each computer. The linetype looks fine on OTHER acads on other computers on the same network. I am using acad 2008.

I used "new-lin.lsp" and "to-lin.lsp" (http://www.turvill.com/t2/free_stuff/index.htm) lisps to extract my current linetypes and compare to unedited originals.

Both lisps extracted to:

C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2008\R17.1\enu\Template (

Here are two linetypes of my same 'fence' linetype:

*Fence,--------x--------x--------x--------x

A,1.5,-0.2,

["x",STANDARD,s=0.11,r=0,x=-0.1,y=-0.05],

*Fence_2,----x----x----x----x

A,0.5,-0.2,

["x",STANDARD,s=0.11,r=0,x=-0.1,y=-0.05],

Everything was the same as the original unedited linetype data.

I went into the same dwg on MY computer that wasn't showing correctly, AND another computer that was correct, and hit "ddstyle" to look at the "STANDARD" text style. The CORRECT computer was showing a height of "0". MY computer was showing a height something like "0.0000075754". I made mine "0", saved, reloaded, and FIXED. I'm not sure how a height of "0" makes the X appear larger than a height of "0.0000075754", but it does. I'm also not sure how this error occurred in the first place, but I'm glad it's fixed.

Thanks again.

C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2008\R17.1\enu\Template (

That is probably due to the fact that you have chosen to "Do not show hidden files or folders" in your system folder options.

.... and hit "ddstyle" to look at the "STANDARD" text style. The CORRECT computer was showing a height of "0". MY computer was showing a height something like "0.0000075754". I made mine "0", saved, reloaded, and FIXED. I'm not sure how a height of "0" makes the X appear larger than a height of "0.0000075754", but it does. I'm also not sure how this error occurred in the first place, but I'm glad it's fixed.

In the linetype definition, if the textstyle has a height of 0, then the s value is used alone to determine the height of text. If the text height is anything else then the text height is multiplied by the s value.

That is probably due to the fact that you have chosen to "Do not show hidden files or folders" in your system folder options.

Nope.

In the linetype definition, if the textstyle has a height of 0, then the s value is used alone to determine the height of text. If the text height is anything else then the text height is multiplied by the s value.

Understood. Thanks