Et Al drawing in Inventor

SHAHAM

Is there a way to create an Et Al drawing for like parts in Inventor 2013? I can't find a way to link multiple parts to a single drawing.

Would like to like all the parts in a chart with the various variables and part numbers.

That's Latin for "The whole sheebang." or Everything, everybody, The whole group...

Close, but not quite. There's two Latin phrases that get abbreviated as "et al." First is "et alii," which means "and others." It's usually used in citing books by multiple authors. (for instance: Jones, Smith and Roberts wrote a book. It would be cited as "Jones, et al.") The second - and less common - is from "et alibi," which means "and elsewhere." You could probably use that on a drawing in place of TYP or something, or in a paper to cite multiple sources that all said the same thing.

It's not about the word "et al" but how to link multiple parts to one drawing.

I want to list different bolt sizes on one drawing but be able to like the part files to the one drawing.

If you're just trying to place different parts in one drawing, that can be done easily. If you have a part open when you create a new drawing it will default to that part when you place a base view. If you don't have a part open, or want to select a different part, just click on the folder icon in the dialog box and navigate to desired file. See screen shot below.

drawing part.png

I want to do a single drawing with multiple parts on it. The part number would be linked back to the part file if possible and the dims (DIM A), (DIM B), ETC would update if a change is made.

See Screen Shot

CHART IDEA.PNG

Close, but not quite. There's two Latin phrases that get abbreviated as "et al." First is "et alii," which means "and others." It's usually used in citing books by multiple authors. (for instance: Jones, Smith and Roberts wrote a book. It would be cited as "Jones, et al.") The second - and less common - is from "et alibi," which means "and elsewhere." You could probably use that on a drawing in place of TYP or something, or in a paper to cite multiple sources that all said the same thing.
If it isn't AutoCad close is perfect.

It's not about the word "et al" but how to link multiple parts to one drawing.

I want to list different bolt sizes on one drawing but be able to like the part files to the one drawing.

Well. It certainly is not about that phrase any more, is it. Nobody, but Nobody uses that phrase in common conversation. The other poster apparently had some trouble with it, possibly thinking it may be some sort of technical abbreviation used in your part of the world. I was merely pointing him in the right general direction, and trying to impose a bit of humor at the same time. However, bowing to your apparent mood, I will subsequently remove all humor from everywhere I can.