Lisp for viewport extents in modelspace?

WindowsIHateYou

Is there any sort of lisp or command that draws a paperspace viewport's extents into modelspace?

I usually do it manually, with CTOS, but now I have a job with hundreds of viewports. It would be much easier to lisp them all at once.

Thanks

CTOS (Copy To Other Space) or S2P(?) (Space to Space) are two lisps that move things between paper and model, while adjusting scale and holding location (still appears the same).

Is there any sort of lisp or command that draws a paperspace viewport's extents into modelspace?

I usually do it manually, with CTOS, but now I have a job with hundreds of viewports. It would be much easier to lisp them all at once.

Thanks

I am attaching one that I found many years ago. It only makes one at a time and it sounds like you want many at once. This one creates the object on defpoints (that is how old it is) but you can change it to a no plot layer in the lisp routine, one that you normally use.

MVW.LSP

I am attaching one that I found many years ago. It only makes one at a time and it sounds like you want many at once. This one creates the object on defpoints (that is how old it is) but you can change it to a no plot layer in the lisp routine, one that you normally use.

Thanks. Tried it but had a few issues. It didn't respect the viewport rotation. Also, the new object had the correct height, but incorrect width (x2). Tried locked and unlocked viewports with same results.

I wouldn't mind doing them "each" rather than "all at once" if this worked.

That SOUNDS like exactly what I am looking for, however, putting it together seems above my current skill level and available time. I tried "vp-outline.lsp", also mentioned in that thread. So far THAt works for me.

I downloaded it from http://www.jtbworld.com/lisp/vp-outline.htm

CTOS (Copy To Other Space) or S2P(?) (Space to Space) are two lisps that move things between paper and model, while adjusting scale and holding location (still appears the same).

I am not sure if the CHSPACE command was available in 2008 or not.

It won't copy, but will move an entity (Change Space) from paperspace to modelspace.

Scaling is included, when it is moved.

I usually drag a rectangle over my existing viewport, then use CHSPACE to send it to modelspace.

I am not sure if the CHSPACE command was available in 2008 or not.

It won't copy, but will move an entity (Change Space) from paperspace to modelspace.

Scaling is included, when it is moved.

I usually drag a rectangle over my existing viewport, then use CHSPACE to send it to modelspace.

I usually do that with CTOS, but the vp-outline lisp saves a lot of time, and I have a project with a lot of viewports, so this will save a lot of time.

vp-outline.lspPer the lisp author, the following change:

(if ss

(vla-put-mspace ad :vlax-false)

) ; equal (command "._pspace"))

To

(vla-put-mspace ad :vlax-false)

...will allow the lisp to exit back into paperspace/layout. This is helpful when you have to use the lisp repeatedly.

So final version is:

vp-outline.lsp