Plot stamp showing user ID

dsibbo

Does anyone know if I can add a something to our borders so that when someone prints out. It leaves their name in the text box. Got a major issue at the moment with people printing drawings and leaving them all over the print room.

I use something similar currently on our sheets which shows date, layout name, and paper size. I also have a similar one which prints out the drawing's location on our system.

So this one which shows the users ID would be ideal if its possible.

I don't understand how Plot stamps work. Never used them before. All of my other stamps on the drawings are actually Fields. Totally forgot how i'd done them it was that long ago.

Anyway I managed to use the Field command and use the Login from under the Plot section to add it to our borders. This should do the trick. #

Thanks for the help.

You can insert a field in the drawings using the "Login" field. The field will show the windows login username for the person who currently has the drawing open. From the field dialog box go to "plot" under the field category and select "Login". Or copy and paste the following text into autocad.

%<\AcVar Login>%