Xref layer colors changing...

nnutting

I have xreffed a drawing into a sheet file. I need to change the layer colors of a lot of the xreffed layers...I do this...then save and close. When I open that sheet file again...the changed that I made previously don't stick. I've tried VISRETAIN...but that doesn't work. Any help?

VISRETAIN is the correct variable for this. Set it to "0" so that the layer settings from the XREF show in the file with the XREF, a setting of "1" will allow you to make changes within the referencing file and have them stick. If all else fails, detach and reattach.

Providing additional documentation in support of what Rob said, this image is from the SYSVDLG box, explaining the available options.

Oh wait a minute, you are not Xreffing into a .dwg file, but a sheet set? I suspect then that will be a different situation.

Sorry I don't use them, nor know anything about them.

If you are xreffing into a .dwg file this fix would work.

visretain options.jpg