Ole

Not really sure if I understand your question!!

In terms of file structure, autocad put drawing info in different tables and save them as part of file, this i what I have heard, I could be wrong

if you want to know if there are any OLE objects in your drawing, do a Ctrl+a to select all and in property box, drop down selection and you can see if there are any, and if yes how many

property.jpg

you can also use "OLEFRAME" and set to 1 or 2 to see the OLE objects with frame on.

There is OLE data in the drawing. They are excel files. I want to know if I can find out where the Excel file is from the OLE in the drawing.

The way I can with External References and it gives a file path.

OLELINKS doesn't seem to do anything at all on my machine. I've never used the command but when I tried OLELINKS or OLELINK in the command line. Nothing.

OLELINKS doesn't seem to do anything at all on my machine. I've never used the command but when I tried OLELINKS or OLELINK in the command line. Nothing.
I assume you can see from AutoCAD's command auto-fill that OLELINKS is a acceptable command, though. I use it all the time and that is how I check OLE link locations. In fact, I don't know of any other way. If you have no OLE's that are linked, however, the command will appear to do nothing.

OLE links can be actively linked to a separate file, they can be broken links such that they used to be linked but are no longer, or they can be such that a copy of the file is attached/embedded into the .dwg, itself. For both the first and the last case, OLELINKS should show info, but not for the second "broken links" case.