Zoom to selected area?

Sbeth85

I have to make a bunch of PDFs of different apartments.

They don't have to be the same scale, however my Viewport scale options are pretty standard, and when I scroll between them I don't have as options as I'd like. (as in- I can choose 1:5 ----1:something --- 1: something else ---1:10 there aren't so many shades of gray between the two choices for fine-tuning).

Basically:

I want to be on my A4 in Paperspace and be able to select the apartment, and similar to Zoom-Extents, I want what I just selected to fill up my Viewport to the very edges.

(I can't use the real zoom extents because the model space is full of diff apartments, I need to individually zoom for each apartment...)

I keep having to make custom scales (1:8, 1:7.5) to fit for each apartment and it's taking too much time... ideas?

Is there a function like that I'm not aware of?

Murph's suggestion will probably make you very happy, assuming you were not aware of this zoom option. :)

Should you want to, you could also create your own personal custom-bloated default scale list, thus ensuring that you have a better default range of selections available, and saved in your Profile, so that you always have them ready should you need them. You can also delete any that you feel are uncalled for.

custom bloated default scale list.jpg

Dadgad- woooahhh, I never knew there was a way to permanently add to the Scales list across all my files! Awesome!

For this specific case I don't need exact Scales, which is why I would just hope to use a messier, easier solution. But I will keep this in mind!

Murph- Could you please explain exactly HOW to do this "zoom window option"?

BTW, the firm I work with, whenever they send me their files they have SEVERAL different scales going on... As in, they'll have 4 different 1:5 options, and so too for other scales (1:10, 1:50, etc.)

As in:

1:5 _1

1:5 _2

1:5_ 3 etc.

Any idea why they would do this?

Murph- Could you please explain exactly HOW to do this "zoom window option"?

Tiger replied with one way, I do it by type in Z enter, then just pick on the left side and window to the right enclosing what I need to zoom.

It is a pity that AutoCAD cannot organize Zoom - Center to use a predetermined centre point and magnification :cry:

But you can have a macro do that, I use one....

My guess would be they have different viewports using the same 1:5 scale, but they want to selectively show certain elements only in certain viewports, thus the differing annotative scales.

Tiger replied with one way, I do it by type in Z enter, then just pick on the left side and window to the right enclosing what I need to zoom.

Huh. Never realised that Zoom>Window is implied when you start the Zoom-command - good to know! Thanks!

Tiger and Murph, thank you! Works like a charm :)

FSJ - that was my guess as well, but actually they don't even use Annotation at all! They have L-10, L-5,