problem with purging block

sjunior

I have several problems with block.Firstly, I was trying to purge some of my block but they couldn't be remove even after i have exploded them. They refuse me from explode the block. Secondly, i was trying to insert blocks. There wasn't image be seen on the screen Whats the problem?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• sjunior

Top Posters In This Topic

First you erase all the blocks then you purge the block definition. Just because you exploded them doesn't mean the block definition disappears.

If you can't see a block you are attempting to insert it could be that the insertion point is not on the block itself.

Attach a sample DWG file to your next post and someone here will take a look at it.

Are you talking about removing the 13A switch block?

Yes? Use QSELECT to find all the blocks of which there are two. Erase them then purge your drawing of the block. Done.

What block are you trying to insert?

I found only one block called 13A switch socket outlet (metal clad). What are the other two block names? Or do you mean there are three 13A switch socket outlet blocks?

whats a better idea for removing the block? Sry, I still dont know how to do it? where can i find the block to explode them? can you tell me the steps?

When i try to insert some block into following folder the image isn't seen? Pls tell me how you do it!!! thanks!

The reason you cannot see your blocks as they are being inserted is the layer you are inserting them on, although "current", is also turned "off"! Turn the layer on and you'll see the blocks.

When i try to insert some block into following folder the image isn't seen? Pls tell me how you do it!!! thanks!

The attached drawing needs some work.

BTW...it looks like I used an imperial template not a metric template. Basically you are drawing in decimal inches not millimeters. This may prove to be a bit of a problem when it comes time to plot the drawing.

Also...I'd suggest placing your title block and border in the layout and not in model space.

Are you a student?

Are you taking an AutoCAD course?