How to draw a Curve?

What is the accurate way to draw the curve on this drawing base on the know dims on the pic? This is the plan view of a catwalk, the arc looks wierd, I draw this out of the existing catwalk, how do i get the arc length? Any advice for me, thanks.

Catwalk plan view.jpg

I would use an ARC, with the Start, End, Direction method. If you keep Ortho or Polar enabled, then the Direction will give it the smooth transition from the 22 length side into the 33.25 length side.

The curve in the image does not appear to be tangent to the side that is 22.00 in length. I assume it is supposed to be. Yes or no? What is the overall length from side to side?

The curve in the image does not appear to be tangent to the side that is 22.00 in length. I assume it is supposed to be. Yes or no? What is the overall length from side to side?

Yes, it supposed to be tangent, What do you mean by overall length from side to side? In the real world, how do we measure the arc length? i guess if i know the center point of the circle and measure the radius then i can get the arc easyThanks for your reply

Drop a vertical line from the 33.25 point, draw horizontal line from the 32 measure the vertical distance between the new horizontal line and the top hor line this is the exact radius answer which is actually 17.5 this is a true tangent answer.

If you want a non tangential answer then extend the top line left and draw a circle of known radius make sure it touches the 33.25 point then just trim on the middle line, your 22.0 will change with different radius's.

Circlecut.jpg

I would first of all draw a temporary line along part of the 22.00 line, and ending at the right hand end. Then immediately start the arc command, but when the prompt needs the starting point, just press enter, and an arc will start tangential to the previous line. Then click on the required endpoint of the arc.

Tidy up by erasing the temporary line

arcdrawn.jpg

I would first of all draw a temporary line along part of the 22.00 line, and ending at the right hand end. Then immediately start the arc command, but when the prompt needs the starting point, just press enter, and an arc will start tangential to the previous line. Then click on the required endpoint of the arc.

Tidy up by erasing the temporary line

Yep, that's another good way of doing it. Nice one, eldon.

Here's a video of the tip I gave in action: Start, End & Direction ARC:

http://screencast.com/t/FmGMCgIPM

Drop a vertical line from the 33.25 point, draw horizontal line from the 32 measure the vertical distance between the new horizontal line and the top hor line this is the exact radius answer which is actually 17.5 this is a true tangent answer.

If you want a non tangential answer then extend the top line left and draw a circle of known radius make sure it touches the 33.25 point then just trim on the middle line, your 22.0 will change with different radius's.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47067[/ATTACH]

This works too, good idea thanks

I did, when select circle command, it asked "Specify center point for circle or (3P/2P/Ttr), i then typed in 3P, picked the first and second and third point. First time i learnt how to use 3pts circle. Thanks Remark, i like this method.

Did you try the Circle command with the 3 point option?

I did, when select circle command, it asked "Specify center point for circle or (3P/2P/Ttr), i then typed in 3P, picked the first and second and third point. First time i learnt how to use 3pts circle. Thanks Remark, i like this method.

As you have found out there are many different ways to achieve similar results. Choose a method that you like best but never forget you always have other options.