How to change ......

brow_tines

In AutoCad if you want to draw a line 6" you click the line command and hit "6" how can I change Inventor to do this? I have to draw a line and then dimension it. I'm using Autocad Inventor 2013 Student Edition.

Thank you

I always thought that in Inventor you draw a cocktail napkin sketch of your object throw some dimensions on it (parametrically speaking) and the program does the rest.

I always thought that in Inventor you draw a cocktail napkin sketch of your object throw some dimensions on it (parametrically speaking) and the program does the rest.

Look, you're not supposed to TELL people about that. If everyone realized it was that easy, how would we be able to justify making the medium bucks?

H'mm, so these forums are why I haven't received any large raises in years. Too many people, knowing too much. Just don't let anyone know the technique that allows Inventor to read your thoughts. It's the only thing I've got left to justify my existence. Although, they still haven't fixed that bug where is doesn't know if you are thinking 6 millimeters, or 6 inches!