Custom Workspaces and CUI files

Honda Matt

Ok, here goes....I have looked and cannot find a solution to my problem.

We mostly have 2009 and a few 2011 LT and 2013 LT stations. I am currently getting the drafters on the 2009 stations and trying to move their saved Workspaces from the 2011LT and 2013LT to the 2009 stations.

I cannot move the CUI files completely include there layouts.

Is this even possible?? Move in from the 2009 to the 2011LT and 2013Ldoes not seam to be an issue.

Also can I delete unused CUI files???

Have a look at this link and see if that helps: http://www.lazydrafter.com/autocad-tips/sharing-workspaces-in-autocad

I don't have AutoCAD 2009 installed on my computer any more so I'm only guessing.

Have you tried right clicking in the CUI on the Partial Customization File that you want to export and selecting the "Save as..." option?

You will find all of your CUIx files in this location on your computer: "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2014\deu\Support". You can remove the ones that you don't want, but I would just move them to a safe place rather than deleting them, you never know when you might need them again.

You will find all of your CUIx files in this location on your computer: "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2014\deu\Support". You can remove the ones that you don't want, but I would just move them to a safe place rather than deleting them, you never know when you might need them again.

I can find the file they are suppose to be in but they are not labeled so I can delete them.

Shouldn't they be named the same as what they show up in the dialog box?

Can you post a screen shot of your CUI marking an example of what you want to delete?

My screen shot is to large, can't crop it.

Under Transfer in the CUI dialog box do the drop down under Customizations in Main CUI. I get added CUI files. Can I delete them some how. not using them. ones that I have made

The marshall and matt cui files.

We created custom Workspaces and would like to import from 2011LT and 2013LT back to 2009 full version. I have a custom Workspace in 2009 that I can bring into 2001LT and 2013Lt no problem

But in playing around I have created these cui files and would like to delete them if possible.

cui.pdf

OK, I see them now. In post #5 I gave you a path to look in for the cui files. Make sure you are looking in the folder for the AutoCAD version for your screen shot and you should find them. If that fails in Windows Explorer do a search in the Autodesk folder (including sub-folders) for "*.cui" (without the quotation marks) and that should list all cui files for all the versions of AutoCAD installed on that computer. a search on my machine turned up 141 files. All you need to do then is locate the ones you are looking for.

I don't know how they got there, but I would say that if they are not doing any harm leave them there. If they are not visible under the CUI Customize tab, under Partial Customization Files I have no idea how you can find them.

Last attempt: type MENULOAD on the command line and see if they are visible in the Load/Unload Customizations dialog. If they are highlight them and click the Unload button. If you click the Browse button it will take you to the support folder for that version of AutoCAD, have a look through there for them.