FIELDS: Viewport scale field showing "_XREF"

PEGAdevelopment

I have a field to show the viewport scale. On the formatting, I tell it to "use scale name" but it does not show it properly. It shows "_XREF" on the end...

How can I get it to show the actual scale name?

scale_XREF.jpg

That looks like a problem that existed in the 2008 release, at least that is the version I saw it in. I thought Autodesk had fixed it. The scale list somehow would get bloated with redundant scales with the xref thingy tagged onto them.

IF C3D has the same sort of OPTIONS set up that vanilla has, you can try resetting the scale list in Options >> user preferences >> edit scale list >> reset button. Unless you have added some "Special" scales resetting won't hurt anything. It resets the scale list to the default list.

Dana W. I tried this, and it didn't help. Thank you, anyways for your help though.

Rob, it says the scale is 1" = 50' but the field says "1:50_XREF"

Rob, it says the scale is 1" = 50' but the field says "1:50_XREF"
In the Properties Palette, you're viewing the Annotation Scale that's reading 1" = 50'-0". Notice you have nothing selected in Properties Palette. The "1:50_XREF" is the Viewport Scale. So, select the Viewport edge first, then change it to the properly named scale (You can edit this with the SCALELISTEDIT command if need be). Do a REGEN and you should be all gravy.

-Tannar

Okay, not sure why, but in the Field dialog box, if you choose standard scale under "Property:" it will show correctly. Although this will not work on all my drawings, it works on this one... Why when choosing "Custom Scale" under properties and "use scale name" under formatting, it will show the _XREF in the scale name??? I can't seem to figure out what the deal is with this.

1st pic shows the viewport scale in properties using "custom scale" option. Still shows with _XREF on viewport scale field.

2nd pic shows it works correctly when choosing "standard scale" although this doesn't work in all drawings.

If anyone can figure this out let me know. At least I have a work around for now, for this drawing.

scalexref.jpg

xref2.jpg

Clue =

Okay, not sure why, but in the Field dialog box, if you choose standard scale under "Property:" it will show correctly.

I don't think the Custom Scale is a good source for Field data. Custom Scale is used to calculate a new factor that changes what has already been assigned for Standard Scale.

Unless altered, the Custom Scale line on the properties dialog defaults to the scale factor for the Annotation scale/Standard Scale properties, which should match.

I would use Standard Scale (assigned to the viewport) and worry more about why this property is not working for your FIELD in other drawings as you mentioned. I think that may be your actual place of issues.

• 9 years later...