O-Snap Off Object

Hi there!

Recently my CAD has been finding OSNAPS off the actual object. For instance, in the image below I'm tracking the orange line to move the red line over. However it finds the intersection 11/256" off the line (to either side). This is all over the place and killllllling my dimensions. I haven't edited any settings in a very long time. Anyone know a fix?

Untitled.png

Thanks so much, and I hope you're Monday is going well.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I played with APERTURE for a little bit, at the extreme I set it to 1 and the size of the gap went to 1/128"

With the large APBOX (50 Pixels) it found several "imaginary" intersections as well as the 11/256" from before.

Does this hint towards any solution?

Mine will do that when I am zoomed in, but I just REGEN and it redraws the line where it actually is. Maybe try AUDIT and see if that helps.

Your work is a long way from 0,0 and I think that is what is causing the error. I could reproduce the error on your drawing but once I moved the objects close to 0,0 it no longer happened.

Makes sense, I was having issues with hatch origins as well.

Unfortunately that base point is the datum for all of the XREF's, so it looks like I'll have to draw lines instead of using tracking. Thank you very much though! Always nice to know the solution.

Have a great day!