Moving objects in 3D

Maxwell

Hello, I've been testing the current new version of Autocad Architecture. I have a question about adjusting some parameters to make shifting objects in 3D more straightforward and faster than what is offered in default setup.

The move command works just like any other, which doesn't allow instant dragging of selected objects in conjunction with ortho and polar mode. I would like to select an object and move it along an axis straight on, without the need to press m and backspace each time I am doing this.

I would be happy with a makro or a lisp command that could fix it, or there may be an autocad variable in settings with an option.

Welcome to CADTutor forum. :)

The command that you want to use in such a case is 3DMOVE,

so that whichever axis you click on of the Gizmo will be maintained,

not the regular MOVE command.

The gizmo works as 3D commands so there is no contradiction here. If only I knew how to disable the infinite axes that appear when one moves objects by way of utilizing the gizmo. i don't see much use for this particular enhancement.

Another thing is the Gizmo doesn't follow the rotation of a an object. there is an option of aligning it with the object after right-clicking on the Gizmo, along with the option to align it with the current UCS and the World, but it doesn't seem to work.

Another thing is the Gizmo doesn't follow the rotation of a an object. there is an option of aligning it with the object after right-clicking on the Gizmo, along with the option to align it with the current UCS and the World, but it doesn't seem to work.

It works for me.