Add bend to leader lines

david1-b

Hello,

I am trying to add a bend to my leader lines using Civil 2013. I have attached two images the first one is of my standard leader (dimension is inline with the leader line), the second one is a leader I "faked" to illustrate my desired leader style, a perpendicular leader then a bend to some text. Does anyone know how a leader like this can be made. In this example I am using a dimension, but I would be happy with a solution that used multileader.

Thanks

If any clarification is required please ask

Angle Leader.jpg

Standard Leader.jpg

You cannot make a multileader including the extension lines and the other opposite arrow. but you can make one that looks like the leader to the right of the rightmost extension line.

Create a new multi-leader style with a straight leader,

3 maximum points,

first segmrnt angle = zero,

second segment angle = 45 deg,

Uncheck - Automatically include landing AFTER setting landing length to zero,

Content tab = for the leader connection set both the left and right attachments to bottom of bottom line.

When you set the mleader into your drawing, you will click on where you want the arrow, slide the cursor to the left or right, click where you want the bend to start, slide the cursor in an approximately 45 deg direction and click the text position, type the text, then hit OK or click into the blank modelspace area.

The multileader will not know your dimension. You will have to type it in. What is the advantage in using a multileader instead of a dimension? How will you insure that the dimension is correct? What happens after modifications? Associative dimensions correct themselves.

The other alternative is to create a dynamic stretching block with a text attribute.

Dana,

Thanks for the reply.

All your points are valid, I just used a dimension for this example as it was easier to illustrate the desired output then it was with a multileader. I am looking at ways to clean up some of our labeling and am gathering ideas on built in solutions before moving towards customization. You are right if a dimension is involved a dimension box should be used, not a multileader and I think I will be looking at solutions to modify both dimension leaders and multleader leaders to get my opposing arrows and kinked leader line.

Unless you have any additional advice, I would mark this post as answered but I can't seem to see a way to do that.

Thanks

David

Dana,

Thanks for the reply.

All your points are valid, I just used a dimension for this example as it was easier to illustrate the desired output then it was with a multileader. I am looking at ways to clean up some of our labeling and am gathering ideas on built in solutions before moving towards customization. You are right if a dimension is involved a dimension box should be used, not a multileader and I think I will be looking at solutions to modify both dimension leaders and multleader leaders to get my opposing arrows and kinked leader line.

Unless you have any additional advice, I would mark this post as answered but I can't seem to see a way to do that.

Thanks

David

There is a way to force the dimension arrows and text outside of the extension lines, but only when they don't fit between the extension lines. Also, you can manually relocate the text with a leader, but the leader stays attached to the center of the dimension line, and neither of the arrows are on the leader. That is not exactly what you were looking for. I don't know of other mods that might be available in the dimension style editor. If you find a way, let us know.

Yeah, the threads don't get marked here. A courtesy response from the OP like you did is really cool though. Thanks for that.