area command result write text

ekolman2003

There is two simple ways, 1st use a pline and one of its properties is the area, 2nd is use Area command pick points and retieve the Autocad variable "Area".

3rd more complex is to use a ray trace program just pick center of room.

All 3 then just write a text answer. Which do you want ?

I use area command. and then I pick points anywhere. lisp write area there:)

Forum search "polyline area text" shows many interesting code.

Take a look here: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?64428-Area-of-a-polyline&highlight=Polyline+area+text

One page 2 you will find a simple way that does exactly what you need.

Anyhow, instead of writing a simple text, i would prefer using a block which holds some attributes, e.g. area, roomnumber, usage etc.

By this way it's verry easy extracting room datas to table ore .csv-file, a usual task when working with floorplans.

You'll find many examples with the forum search terms above, many more with "ployline area block".

regards

Wolfgang

Have you come across Fields at all?

The use of a field here would allow you to set a polyline outline, and associate a piece of text with that polyline. The text would show the area. This would update as the polyline changes because the bloody client's changed their mind yet again!!

(If you're interested in this resaponse I can help you set it up)

dJE

this lisp super but it hasnt got subtract area and it isnt scan green selected area

I see no mention of the above in any of your previous post, please make sure you post all requirements in the subject post (first one). By changing the desired outcome once a thread is being addressed is just rude... (seems like your baiting the ones assisting you then demanding further FREE development) Maybe try working on the LISP yourself to get the desired operation and result, then posting questions you may have along the way.