Two different wall finishes on the same elevation and footing

geoge417

I am trying to have external aluminum cladding finish at certain points external of the wall while having rendered finish beneath it. I have provided a link to a similar building to provide a better idea of the issue. My question is whether it is possible to have two different finishes on the same wall or whether it would be better just separating the walls or any others methods. Any response would be helpful!

Edited by Tiger

This may work move the Al cladding a fraction away from the wall say 1mm this forces a look from top to take into account a more 3d view of the object.

I am trying to have external aluminum cladding finish at certain points external of the wall while having rendered finish beneath it. I have provided a link to a similar building to provide a better idea of the issue. My question is whether it is possible to have two different finishes on the same wall or whether it would be better just separating the walls or any others methods. Any response would be helpful!
I can think of two ways.

1. Create different Wall Types in Revit that will control the exterior aluminum cladding finish. Use your own design techniques to arrange the walls in a way that illustrates the design intent accordingly.

2. Use a Face Based, or even Wall Hosted Revit Family that is for "show" only. Place the panels, and have some Shared Parameters in place so that you can (2a.) control the size and spacing and (2b.) schedule the panels.

Method #1 would be most preferred for accurate wall labeling, scheduling and accurately represent live sections correctly in your Wall Sections sheets. Method #2 would be most preferred for greater depth in controlling visibility in using model components which would be great for bi-directional associativity in your exterior elevations and 3D perspective views of each facade (if any).

There can be many more methods I'm sure, but those are the most straight-forward approaches that I can think of at this time. Hope this helps!

-Tannar