looking to start a business in the future with revit

bruce lee

hi all need some advice and guidance i am learning revit 2014 i am learning the architectural and mep engineering side of things later.

i am from uk not usa for starters i am self teaching my self revit, in the future i want to be self employed working from home with this software do i need a licence in revit or specific certificate or a official revit software to get me started?

what are the things i would need after a few years to become self employed

and how after when i have learnt the software go about employment

I am from uk not usa for starters i am self teaching my self revit, in the future i want to be self employed working from home with this software do i need a licence in revit or specific certificate or a official revit software to get me started?
Autodesk offers a "Professionally Certified" seal and it's free to take (in the USA anyways). Other than that, there's no specific or official certification for the Revit platform. In the USA we have a 2-year associates degree plan that one could get for general design and drafting.

Point is, you don't need anything. Experience is good enough.

what are the things i would need after a few years to become self employed

and how after when i have learnt the software go about employment

Just label yourself an independent contractor. Go around to businesses that would need a Revit designer (architectural & engineering firms, construction companies, etc) and drop off doughnuts with a stack of business cards. Anything to that nature. Call and invite guys out to lunch and discuss business for a short time, pass out business cards but let it be light and fun lunch outing. You'll begin to pick up business quickly I'd assume.

If you're just starting out then some real employment would help you. Let a few years go by so you can gain your experience and when you're ready, then have your affairs and finances in order and make the leap.

Hope this helps. :)

-Tannar

:)cheers tanner i know a architect he is a friend of mine he actualy told me of revit i am learning for say 6 month to a year then i will go see him and ask if i can do some work with him he does not know how to use the software and he actualy told me to teach him so i am thinking if i teach him revit he can teach me certain parts of cad and i can gain experience in the industry do u think this is a good idea