Viewport issue

I am using 2008.

When I go to my paper space from my model space and open a new viewport i cannot get all the details of my drawing. Only the notations and dimensions, not the xref.

I have tried re loading it but with the same outcome. There must be something that I have turned off which is preventing the xref being seen in the paper space.

Can anyone help me pls?

Are all the layers turned on? Also turned on/thawed in the VP Freeze-column in Layer Properties? (You can see the VP-Freeze column if you have the Viewport active.)

Yes I have all the layers turned on, but still cannot see the xref in the paper space.

Stranger still is, if I go to the next drawing in paper space (M2) it works perfectly!

You have layers of the xref frozen in that viewport. Make the viewport active, start the layer manager, go to the xref filter, move to the right to find the VP freeze column, unfreeze.

Or, alternatively:

You have layers of the xref frozen in that viewport. Make the viewport active,

...run the VPLAYER command > T (for thaw) > * (for all) > C (for current) > enter