Exporting Civil 3d 2014 drawings so that they can be read in LT 2014

JerryG

I recently upgraded from LDD 2009 to Civil 3d 2014.

My main client uses LT 2014. Most things he can read just fine with except

Profile and Contour text. They always appear to small for him in the viewports while they look perfect in Civil 3d.

I normally just save the drawing without doing any export etc.

At first I thought that if I set the Annotation scale in MS to what the Viewport scale is that it would show the text the correct height. However he is still having the same issue regardless what the MS scale is set to on my end.

Locking the VP also has no affect with how he seas the text height in LT.

He is willing to upgrade to Regular Autocad however I am not sure he wont have the same problem as LT?

Any suggestions as to what I might try? Is there possibly something simple he can do in LT?

Thanks in advance!

Exporting your drawing (rather than doing a save as) to AutoCAD doesn't resolve this? I use Civil3D 2012 and doing an export usually works for me.

Since we both had 2014 versions Ive been just saving (no "Save as") and he is able to open them just fine. (with above mentioned problem)

Ill do an actual "Export" to 2013 and see what that gives us.

Thanks for the suggestion.

It should work with just "Save" in Civil 3D 2014 if your client has the AutoCAD Civil 2014 Object Enabler, that will allow them to be remain useful in Civil 3D in the future.

If you do not need any of Civil 3D information to be retained, Export may be a better option, the command is -EXPORTTOAUTOCAD or AECTOACAD, I believe.

Nice! Thanks guys. I ended up just exporting to 2010 and it worked for him perfectly.

He does not need the connectivity although I think it would be wise for him to install the

OE for LT. He likes to um well.............. Explode everything:o so if I get it back for any changes

it makes it somewhat frustrating.

Thanks for the Link.

There is a PM here that does that. We have moved over to Civil3D 2012 from LDD '09 and if he can't get the labels to "look right", he will just explode them making them almost useless and requiring more tech time for edits. :facepalm: