Monopitch Roofs

rickyi14

Hi i am currently new to revit and this forum, i have a coursework submission for university and im struggling to work out how to draw my roof,

Help with roof.jpg

any suggestions on how i can draw the roof in the space that is blank, i am looking for the roof to slope into the wall, thanks

Just curious as to why you would want the roof to slope towards the two existing walls and not away from them.

this is the idea i had with the roof, im not sure how to implement it?

Help with roof.jpg

Oh, you you did intend on the new roof to slope away from the existing building. Really, it's two shed roofs that intersect right?

Oh, you you did intend on the new roof to slope away from the existing building. Really, it's two shed roofs that intersect right?

Yea sorry i want them to slope away from the existing i just meant i wanted them to join to the existing walls, im new to revit so ive still to add alot of detail to the drawing and fix the existing roof

do you have any idea how i can draw the roof?

It was created by lofting two polylines then I used the Thicken command to turn it into a solid. Not that the technique will do you any good as I am sure Revit requires you do it a specific way. Sorry I can't help.

Sorry i didnt see your second reply, thats what im trying to draw though!
When you're editing the Roof Boundary, each line (roof edge) you select, keep an eye on Properties. Turn on/off the Slope as needed. Revit will generate the rest for you. :)

When you're editing the Roof Boundary, each line (roof edge) you select, keep an eye on Properties. Turn on/off the Slope as needed. Revit will generate the rest for you. :)

Thanks for the reply, sorry how do i go about drawing this to start with, do i use roof by extrusion?

No, just start in Plan View and do it by Footprint.

So i am to draw the outline of the roof, for an example what way should the slopes be set too, i dont know what sides should be turned on an off?

thanks

Ive figured it out! thanks for the help really appreciated!
Awesome, glad you got it. Sorry to come in late.... been a busy day today!

-Tannar