3d annotation

macsee

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to annotate parts of a pvc assembly 3d Iso view. As shown here I've done it once in Pspace. The registration is ok when plotted but saving it as any kind of graphic file (jpg, gif, pdf) it always mis-aligns. Also, going back and forth between tabs or between saves there's always "Disassocation" errors that need to be fixed. It seems very finicky.

So I decided to redo the annotation in 3d model space. I set up a saved view and ucs for attaching attribute blocks and needed to create some construction lines for accurately anchoring the blocks. The problem is that even with the construction lines I often find I've placed the block far from where it should be which only becomes evident when the view is pivoted.

Would anyone have some suggestions for more quickly and easily placing the blocks or an easier 3d annotation process in general?

Thanks for looking,

macsee

IsoAnnotation.jpg

You probably need a UCS for each frame level or if doing with 1 UCS then need to place blocks with different Z's place in "Plan" view and check its Z. You can have as many UCS as you like.

Ps I work somewhere were we install bike racks and its the beach I dont want to disappoint but the kids around here your rack would last a week. if you can not kick it, hit it, burn it, I dont want it, upset one salesman at least every year when i kick there product a dint is ok failure is not. Apart from that 3d view is really good.

BIGAL,

Thanks for your ideas. I think they may make the process much easier. I'm using 1 UCS and placing the blocks while in the iso view. There's about 64 total blocks so in the iso the number of different Z values is maximized. If looking at the front view the blocks could be distributed on 3 or 4 Z levels (is this what you mean by frame level?). So, I'll try placing in plan view then move them as one group to the desired level. I may have to rotate some individually in Y axis. I could even turn levels off/on if it gets too congested during placement.

Re the rack itself. It was created solely for personal consumption. My wife and I bicycle along a local beach boardwalk and the rack can carry 2 beach chairs, umbrella, blankets and a small cooler. Its worked well for us (it hardly slows her down :glare:) but in no way could it take the beating kids would give it. A few other beach goers have commented on it and wanted to know how it was put together. This has been useful for learning AutoCAD and when finished I can refer people to a download of drawings as pdfs.

Thanks again for your comments.

macsee

As I said it looks cool a lot of guys and girls around here have "U" tubes on their bikes good for small boards but no good for a Mal so went to a 3 wheel pram chucked out on side of road put a bigger board on easily very strong and light weight.