PDF to CAD converter

akarees8080

Does anyone know a good program (which is free) which convert PDF to vector lines? There are so many useless ones out there so wondered if anyone has come across a good one.

Cheers,

Andrew

UK:)

I personally don't use them but this has been asked quite a bit so a quick search of the forum via google should turn up something. I think the general consensus was none of them are brilliant but I think ReMark may have posted a load of links.

I personally would not use one of those programs but of the ones discussed here these two stood out.

PDF Fly (30 day trial version available)...http://visual-integrity.com/products/pdf-fly/

PDF2DWG by DotSoft...http://www.dotsoft.com/pdf2dwg.htm

Thanks I am trying to avoid purchasing OS data which is really expensive in the UK and covert large pdf's to vector. haven't found a good program to achieve this yet and I doubt I will,

I would attach a PDF using it as an overlay but its slows down the drawing like hell and difficult to pan/zoom

Thanks I am trying to avoid purchasing OS data which is really expensive in the UK and covert large pdf's to vector. haven't found a good program to achieve this yet and I doubt I will,

I would attach a PDF using it as an overlay but its slows down the drawing like hell and difficult to pan/zoom

Do you have photo software? I bring pdf's into photoshop and save as png. You can keep the scale and resolution the same or change them to suit, then imageattach the png. It still slows down, but not quite as much, depending on the resolution required.

Thanks I am trying to avoid purchasing OS data which is really expensive in the UK and covert large pdf's to vector.

I hope this isn't for a planning application as any maps that don't have a licence number get rejected. Promap generally charge about 30 quid for an OS map that you can use for site and location plans if you are going for planning.

All the best and let us know how you get on.

if it's a pdf of an existing drawing then the best tool to convert it to dwg is the phone. Call who ever has the original and beg. I'm always on the phone begging for cad files and it works.

Thanks Guys - Just convinced my boss to pay for Promap!!

SKi_Me - I done a lot of begging over the years for plans too! They do give in at the end! For this particular job I am working on, the client didn't have any existing geography which was a few hundred metres from their site (offsite works) .

Thanks guys.

Andrew

Glad to hear it Andrew. Just watch out with Promap, the last time I used it they only supported MS Internet Explorer so if you use Chrome or Firefox and it misbehaves have another go with IE.

From memory it gives you a realtime cost when you are sizing the maps up to!

Just did a DWF to dwg seemed to work will test properly maybe today. Needed a 100 lines to be bought in.

DWF -> PDF

Open in Adobe illustrator save as DWG.

Rescale & Align to true size

All legit within our company. But Like F700es I will look into a couple of free ones Ghostscript & Pstoedit.