macro mid to point doesn't work on Autoca 2014. Whi?

marmo

Hi to all,

I often use this (nameless) macro in Autocad 2010 while another command is open.

For example I digit "line" on promp, then I choose the first point, and then to select the second point which is a midpoint between other two, I digit:

'' + space (more comfortable for me than using shift and right click)

But I found that in 2014 atucad this macro does not work when another command is open.

Does anyone know the reason? Is there any system variable to be set?

The macro is:

(defun c: ()

(command "_M2P")

)

Thanks for any help :)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• marmo

• ReMark

• guran

• BIGAL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi :),

yes, F5 is an available option, but for a long time I used ''+space,which worked well on autocad 2007 and 2010, and I do not understand why on autocad 2014 will not work anymore.

Then to assign F5 I should create a new command passing through the CUI and is something that I prefer to avoid, because I often use the computers of colleagues and my customizations (for me easily reversible) are limited to lisp files I use frequently and aliases of PGP.

I do not want to change my habits because of a simple matter, perhaps a system variable set differently ...

Thanks

This is from AutoCad 2014 help:

"To use a command transparently, enter an apostrophe (') before entering the command at any prompt."

Yes, right.

I think the first apostrophe means "insert a transparent command", the second one indicates that the macro has no name.

In fact, if I rename the macro xx, i should digit 'xx space/enter if I want to use it during another command.

Hello,

I'm not worried, this issue does not stop me from working. I know there are a lot of options that can replace the macro I use ...

It was more a question of curiosity. I wondered why a macro so simple, with a basic syntax as well, worked with all autocad since 2007, but not with 2014.

And it seems strange to me that your macro uses three keystrokes to replace three key strokes.

Would it work if you removed the quotation marks on either side of _M2P?

Option of last resort. Assign MTP to your F1 key. Who needs Help anyways! LoL

Three keystrokes ...

m2p + space = 4 keystrokes

double apostrophe + space = 3 keystrokes? No, = 2.5, because the

double click is faster than clicking two different buttons.:geek:

I seem to think like motorcyclists which set their race bikes to earn a few hundredths of a second.

But with Autocad is not strange, it's crazy.:cry:

:):):)

Re: pressing F1.. Faster, faster the light is turning red!

Take all the time you devouted to figuring this out today and then calculate how many times you'll have to use the MTP command in order to gain it all back. I'm thinking it will be about one point two five million.

Yes, maybe it will be about one point two million four if I use shift + rightclick. I have to compare the two cases ... as long as the keyboard does not burn :D

Test that theory and get back to us. First, get a bowl of water, throw some ice in it and keep it handy. You're going to need it to soak your fingers in. Have fun.