Autocad Not Loading

road runner

Hope some one can help please? Had a problem with my computer All the programs had to be taken off. Now it clean. Reinstalled xp and then Office Not a problem. Next I down loaded Autocad 2012 from Auto-desk, it run ok in with the Product key that to was ok. It then started to load, after all that it then told me it had failed that went on three times. Then I had a look at the info. What it had failed on was Visual c++ 2005 but it's got that in the program files.:( Hope this makes sense. Thanks for help.

Try to uninstall all Microsoft C++. Restart your computer then reinstall.

AutoCAD installer will reinstall C++ as it's prerequisite.

Hi guys. Mark, I tried the repair, but that didn't work. What it's telling me is that the installer redistributable in not found.on the C:\Program etc. What I am running is xp Windows Home 2002. Service pack 2. I know it's an old set up but I can't afford newer version. I'm going to try what Edwin suggested - thanks again.

Not a lot of luck - I took all the C++ off and let Autocad do it's thing. It picked up three C++ Redistributable, one 2005 and two 2008 Still didn't load.:x Now I'm running out of ideas. Now thing's are getting desperate.

Edited by road runner

Hi Mark. New Computer and Autocad 2014. The old computer has gone to Silicone valley in the sky! R.I.P

Thanks for all your help.

That was a pretty drastic but probably totally warranted move. What are the specs?

I don't think I provided much beyond moral support but you are welcomed just the same.

Windows 7, 64bit, quad processor (whatever that is!) that's about it.....as you may have noticed IT is not my strongest point!:D

Hard 2 T.B - Memory 8.GB at some point I might go upto 16 - Graphics Nvidia GeForce GtX645 - Now I can say I can speak another landuage.

Not quite. We're just warming up. LoL

Analog connection or HDMI on the monitor?

Do you know what a swap file is?

List the advantages of a SSD vs. a regular platter drive.

What's the speed on the RAM in GHz?

Now you are having a laugh! I might have to get back to you (eventually - when I find out how to switch it on!) with that information........haven't you got anything better to do with your time than to wind me up lol! Must go - we're about to have a barbeque. The burgers are 85%beef, 15% other(!!) the saugages 100% pork, 6 inches long 1.5 inches thick, buns are wholemeal with mixed seeds on top and 5 inches in diameter. The beers are cold....that's all you need to know!

Thanks Mark - good to have a bit of banter with you mate.........

we're about to have a barbeque. The burgers are 85%beef, 15% other(!!) the saugages 100% pork, 6 inches long 1.5 inches thick, buns are wholemeal with mixed seeds on top and 5 inches in diameter. The beers are cold....that's all you need to know!/QUOTE]

Since when does the U.K. use inches and when did they get BAR-Q? And who ever heard of cold beer over there it was always warm from what I heard. It's not what we thought across the pond.