AutoCAD Crashing Explorer

muzicman82

HI all,

While using AutoCAD, I am noticing that Windows Explorer is closing and relaunching in the background. All I see is the taskbar disappear and reappear. I don't see any error messages.

In Event Viewer, I see this:

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 6.3.9600.16441, time stamp: 0x5265dec8
Faulting module name: QtCore_Ad_SyncNs_4.dll, version: 4.8.2.0, time stamp: 0x50d3fca7
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000266ab
Faulting process id: 0xc04
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf41ebd1e73a53
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Sync\QtCore_Ad_SyncNs_4.dll
Report Id: 29ce5e31-ade6-11e3-825c-5cf9dd5c2831
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Any ideas what I can do to stop this?

I am on Windows 8.1 x64 and AutoCAD 2014.

HI all,

While using AutoCAD, I am noticing that Windows Explorer is closing and relaunching in the background. All I see is the taskbar disappear and reappear. I don't see any error messages.

In Event Viewer, I see this:

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 6.3.9600.16441, time stamp: 0x5265dec8
Faulting module name: QtCore_Ad_SyncNs_4.dll, version: 4.8.2.0, time stamp: 0x50d3fca7
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000266ab
Faulting process id: 0xc04
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf41ebd1e73a53
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Sync\QtCore_Ad_SyncNs_4.dll
Report Id: 29ce5e31-ade6-11e3-825c-5cf9dd5c2831
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Any ideas what I can do to stop this?

I am on Windows 8.1 x64 and AutoCAD 2014.

Aside from switching to Firefox or google chrome there may not be much you can do. Other than that, you can check the Internet explorer advanced settings, or the security level. There may be some sort of conflict with the AutoCad Communication center, which is another item that you should probably eliminate. Are you using AutoDesk 360? It looks like it is conflicting with AutoDesk sync which, I think is part of AutoDesk 360.

Uninstalling AutoDesk Sync. Note: You may not want to go through all the trouble. There are however two suggestions in the article I have provided a link to below for preventing AutoDesk applications from accessing the component. I think one of those two suggestions might be the wiser course of action to follow.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Uninstalling-Autodesk-Sync.html

Aside from switching to Firefox or google chrome there may not be much you can do. Other than that, you can check the Internet explorer advanced settings, or the security level. There may be some sort of conflict with the AutoCad Communication center, which is another item that you should probably eliminate. Are you using AutoDesk 360? It looks like it is conflicting with AutoDesk sync which, I think is part of AutoDesk 360.

I am referring to the Windows Explorer shell process, not Internet Explorer.

Uninstalling AutoDesk Sync. Note: You may not want to go through all the trouble. There are however two suggestions in the article I have provided a link to below for preventing AutoDesk applications from accessing the component. I think one of those two suggestions might be the wiser course of action to follow.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Uninstalling-Autodesk-Sync.html

I don't use Autodesk Sync or 360. I thought I had this all disabled and used AcadInfoCenterOff utility.

I am referring to the Windows Explorer shell process, not Internet Explorer.
Yeah. OK. I misread that, but the explorer.exe is still choking on AutoDesk.sync.

The InfoCenter (a.k.a. - CommCenter) is NOT the same as AutoDesk 360. Follow the advice I gave you previously.

I will give it a shot. However, since I am not signed into Autodesk 360/Sync there are no options on the Online tab available. Do I need to sign in to disable? That doesn't make any sense.

I will give it a shot. However, since I am not signed into Autodesk 360/Sync there are no options on the Online tab available. Do I need to sign in to disable? That doesn't make any sense.

You DON'T have to be signed in. Did you not read the article I provided the link to?

I was able to just uninstall the Autodesk 360 feature. I'll see if the errors/crashes still happen.

From what I have read I have my doubts this will work. A handful of users have had success while most say it did nothing to stop the problem. I'm having trouble understanding why you just don't follow the advice given and utilize one of the two alternate solutions to prevent AutoCAD from accessing the component. Do you normally like to do things the difficult way?

From what I have read I have my doubts this will work. A handful of users have had success while most say it did nothing to stop the problem. I'm having trouble understanding why you just don't follow the advice given and utilize one of the two alternate solutions to prevent AutoCAD from accessing the component. Do you normally like to do things the difficult way?

I appreciate you help but I'm not sure why you are implying that I did not read your link or that I am doing things the "difficult way". The article is hardly helpful.

It provided two solutions:

Sign out of your Autodesk Account -- Well, I never signed in so this doesn't really help me.

Don't use the Autodesk 360 Features -- The Online tab in Options doesn't have any of the settings the article mentioned because it says I am not signed in. This is instructing how to disable sync and cloud features but remained signed in.

So, yes. I did read the article you provided, but no, it does not help.

OK...I'm wrong and you are right. Mea culpa. I'm sure in time the problem will disappear just as mysteriously as it appeared.

What other AutoDesk programs are loaded on this computer?

Is Adsync listed on the Startup tab of msconfig? If so you can try killing it there.

BTW...are all service packs for 2012 installed?

This will kill it but I take no responsibility for what happens if you mess up.

Edit the Windows Registry and remove all references to AutoDesk Sync. Back up your Registry first and know how to swap out a corrupted one if things go south in a big way. Good luck.

Edited by ReMark

I didn't say you were wrong. I said the article wasn't helpful.

Adsync was disabled pretty much right after installing AutoCAD. I was able to uninstall Sync from Control Panel. Will see if it happens again.

Well I came up with two more ways (see previous post) to kill it if it should return from the dead. I'm still guessing it will unfortunately.

Have all service packs for 2012 been downloaded and installed?