Crosshairs Freezing Up in Viewpor

jland504

I have a colleague at work that often comes to me with his daily computer problems. His current problem is that when he is in paperspace and working within a viewport, his crosshairs will freeze up or lock for a brief moment. He said this happens every couple of minutes no matter what viewport he is in. He has tried shutting down AutoCAD and opening it back up with no fix for the issue. I have tried everything that i know of such as looking to see if he had snap on or adjusting performance settings in AutoCAD and his computer. I have yet to find a fix for this issue. Anyone else run into this problem and have come up with a solution?

Has the computer had any maintenance? i.e. Clean-up temp files, defrag, scan for viruses, malware, limit the number of programs in start-up etc.