Shading Architecture in Systems Default Template

lkenshalo

My architecture won't show as any other visual style other than hidden line or wire frame in a systems default template - is this the standard for this type of template? Are there any options I can change to allow my architecture to show up as shaded? Keep in mind that the systems(mechanical equipment) show in the various visual styles.

Thanks in advance!

My architecture won't show as any other visual style other than hidden line or wire frame in a systems default template - is this the standard for this type of template? Are there any options I can change to allow my architecture to show up as shaded? Keep in mind that the systems(mechanical equipment) show in the various visual styles.

Thanks in advance!

You have five Disciplines for each View: Architectural, Coordination, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing. Only Architectural and Coordination will show everything shaded. Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing - Revit automatically overrides all non-MEP items as a screened mode with no shading. This is an internal setting and cannot be changed.

Thanks a bunch TZ - I was hoping for a work around!

Leon

No need for a workaround. The Discipline is really for organizational purposes. If you still want the View to be classified as "Mechanical" then do a little rearranging with your Project Browser Filters.

:)