Hello all.

Kindly find attached drawing which shows simple reinforcement schedule. I have a problem with Texts which are shown in yellow color.When I click on one of them - for example 1∅16 L=1175 , at the properties area, I see text Contents 1%%O%%C%%O16. When I try to find 1∅16 I can't find anything.

I tried searching %%C and Autocad found all of yellow texts. But when I select Replace All with ∅16 value, it becomes 1%%O%%∅%%O16. After that when i make search %%O%% or %%O or O%% ( I tried lots of combinations :) ) Autocad cant find anything so I cant change any value

I have a lisp to use, and i have to find texts which include ∅ ( Char216) but i can't change contents of text.

How can I change value of all contents ??

Reinforcement A.dwg

There is a list of %% combo's its not many easier is use mtext and you have a pull down of the special characters, also you can use TTF like windings for special characters.

%%c diameter

%%u underline

%%d superscript degree

So you mean I cant use find command to find 1%%O%%C%%O16.So it means I cant highlight or edit all yellow texts in same time????

How did you even get the diameter symbol into the FIND box? Are you searching for %%O (oh) or %%0 (zero)?

When using FIND, you have to search for the special characters, not the symbol, FIND %%c 16 for instance.

When the user enters text, AutoCad does a text override of sorts when it sees the %%c and displays, and plots the symbol instead. The property content is still %%c, not the Dia. symbol. FIND does not see the symbol. Inserting a symbol from the text edit drop down symbol list also results in the same property content as typing %%c.

FIND %%c 16

Replace with %%c 17 Will give you the diameter symbol followed by 17 for a result.

Actually I've uploaded the drawing at my first post to make my question more understandable. I know %%c is dia symbol and %%o means upperline etc. And I know Autocad cant find if i try to find Dia instead of %%c .

When I try to find %%c, everything is ok as I have mentioned about at my first post. I can find all texts which include %%c and I can replace with any value what i want. For example I found %%c and I selected Replace All with @ value and all of %%c values became @

But I couldnt find %%o or after replacing %%c with @ All text Content values became %%O@%%O and I couldnt find again.

Actually the question is simple. I want to find and delete all %% values from inside of yellow texts. I can select texts one by one and make revisions but I want to modify all yellow texts in same time. I dont want to see any %% value in Content area

Well, your first post did not say anything about how advanced you are, so I tried to communicate at a level workable for everyone.

I have tested many scenario's and have yet to have any trouble locating any of those special character strings.

FIND is case sensitive. Now all the upper case "C" and "O" are lower case, and then you throw in yet another symbol.

in order to solve a problem it has to not be continually obfuscated with either previously left out information, or new conditions.

I'm sorry, but I don't have anything further to add.

FIND is not case sensitive for finding %%c

you can find same result if you try %%c or %%C. Anyhow, there s no solution about that, so I should wait or find out

I stand corrected, FIND is not case sensitive IF you have the match case box unchecked, which I usually have checked and did, which helps me even less to understand why these character strings are not being found.

Really I dont understand how autocad cant find %%o or any combination of it,while it can find %%c

Because of that small issue i couldnt run my lisp.Because i cant define string value to find.Same like Autocad,lisp cant find %%o too,so it cant work :) If I find solution i will share.Thank you for your efforts

I converted your drawing to 2007 format so I could open it, ran several tests and cannot get FIND to locate any of those %% character strings. I am completely at a loss on how to figure this one out.

I even ran Audit and -purge, got rid of a bunch of regapps and all extra left-overs. Still Nothing.

There is 2 solution about that

1. Install alternative cad program ( thats autocad forum so because of that i dont want to give a name program but foxies know which program i m talking about from china ;) ) and easily you can use find and replace all ;)

2.Thanks to member ymg3 ,you can load lisp to change values what you want.

Lisp command is ymg3 as u know.

(defun c:ymg3 ()

(setq ss1 (ssget "ALL" (list (cons 0 "TEXT"))))

(if ss1

(repeat (setq n (sslength ss1))

(setq en (ssname ss1 (setq n (1- n)))

enl (entget en)

otxt (cdr (assoc 1 enl))

ntxt (vl-string-subst (chr 216) "%%O%%C%%O" otxt)

enl (subst (cons 1 ntxt) (assoc 1 enl) enl)

)

(entmod enl)

)

)

)

The problem is solved i think

• 1 year later...

Sorry, I know this is an old thread - but similar question.

Number of years ago, people used a non std font 'ISO3098B'. It had special characters such %%130 to represent the character I. That is, people wanted a simple single stroke font such as ISOCP - but for certain drawings, the character I had to drawn with the top and tail (serifs I think they're called)

And as we all know, when the drawing is passed onto someone else who does not have this font - the special character is displayed as a ?

These days Engineers don't care if the I is not displayed with the serifs. How can I use the Find utility to replace %%130.

Tried using `? and `%`%130

The old 'chgtext' lisp routine works, but only on straight text and not Attributes, etc

Thanks

I received an answer from another source, so thought I'd post it here in case anyone is interested.

Double click the text entity that contains the special character, so it opens the text editor. Highlight the character that is displayed as a question mark, and copy it to the clip board.

Then run the Find command, click in the 'Find What' field, then Paste. What you pasted won't be visible. Then continue with the find/replace as normal.

Thanks